Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP Reviews
RE: BiPAP Reviews
We went to my son's sleep study follow up and the therapist said to go to Norco today and do a request for the machine we want to get tomorrow in case they have to "order" it from their central location-
They said the one they have set aside for him is the Respironics Dreamstation Auto Bipap, based on his settings- Smile

Do you use the same mask as we have with CPAP? It looks like he may have a blister on top of his nose from it and might need a new kind.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2018, 11:34 PM)kasiahbug Wrote: We went to my son's sleep study follow up and the therapist said to go to Norco today and do a request for the machine we want to get tomorrow in case they have to "order" it from their central location-
They said the one they have set aside for him is the Respironics Dreamstation Auto Bipap, based on his settings-  Smile

Do you use the same mask as we have with CPAP? It looks like he may have a blister on top of his nose from it and might need a new kind.

That's pure BS from the therapist. Both the Dreamstation and The VAuto can be set to cater for your son's 'settings' and it's your decision.

Like Sleeprider I have used both the Respironics BiPAP and the Resmed VAuto. Both are earlier versions - D760 and S9 respectively - but their algorthims and basic operation are exactly the same as the newer generation. The Resmed takes a more aggressive approach to treating events and this suits me. The Respironics approach will suit others. However, while both worked for me I found (again like Sleeprider) that the Resmed Vauto is far more comfortable to use so I would recommend that.

I use the Dreamwear mask which now comes in nasal, nasal pillow and Full Face versions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2018, 04:07 AM)holden4th Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 11:34 PM)kasiahbug Wrote: We went to my son's sleep study follow up and the therapist said to go to Norco today and do a request for the machine we want to get tomorrow in case they have to "order" it from their central location-
They said the one they have set aside for him is the Respironics Dreamstation Auto Bipap, based on his settings-  Smile

That's pure BS from the therapist. Both the Dreamstation and The VAuto can be set to cater for your son's 'settings' and it's your decision.

Like Sleeprider I have used both the Respironics BiPAP and the Resmed VAuto. Both are earlier versions - D760 and S9 respectively - but their algorthims and basic operation are exactly the same as the newer generation. The Resmed takes a more aggressive approach to treating events and this suits me. The Respironics approach will suit others. However, while both worked for me I found (again like Sleeprider) that the Resmed Vauto is far more comfortable to use so I would recommend that.

I use the Dreamwear mask which now comes in nasal, nasal pillow and Full Face versions.

I used Norco briefly and I believe they only carry Dreamstations. I'm sure they meant they were setting aside a Bipap due to the settings and not the fact that it was a Dreamstation.

As far as the mask yes everything is the same. You might want to read the link mask primer below to get ideas for changing masks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation series of machines are good. You will probably find that the Dreamstation Auto Bipap machine will work nicely. Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get the prescribed settings? If you can post the prescription, I can comment on a comparison of the machines. As I said before, in bilevel, the Resmed and Philip quality is very close, and either one is preferable to auto CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I have:

Treatment Recommendations and Client Management Strategies

Home Care Provider: Norco
Mask: Nasal mask
Pressure: 8/4cm respiratory rate of 8, BiPAP ST

Why would an ST be prescribed over not? I read on the difference, but not understanding why I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to add real quickly that i really appreciate how helpful everyone has been.
Thank you all for being patient with me. <3
Post Reply Post Reply
The BiPAP S/T is not a BiPAP auto and the BiPAP auto will not perform like an S/T.

There is a conflict of information here. If they have the auto set aside, then it will not provide a backup rate according to the recommendation of the therapist you have posted. Unless i have missed something, which does happen, i feel like there is a breakdown in communication between the prescribing doctor and therapist and equipment provider.

The S/T is not the same. Something seems awry.

Can you find out if its a Bipap auto SV? Not trying to throw a wrench in or make things more confusing, but a Bipap auto SV will act like a BiPAP auto with backup rate.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
And this is why I'm trying to learn from ya'll --
I specifically asked if it was auto when I went into Norco and she said yes...

Should I make sure it's auto or go with prescription when I go in today?
Post Reply Post Reply
I edited last post to get you some more questions to ask. ,Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 422 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  S-11 reviews Bilzer 2 458 05-23-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 522 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Can a BiPAP user use a CPAP if BiPAP not aviable? jdelcore71 6 1,174 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.