Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help
Exactly what Gideon mentioned.

I myself did say pretty much that when I told the doc BPAP Auto was a fail. With my diagnostic in hand I said "I'm wondering, with this amount of Centrals (124) shouldn't we be getting me an ASV?" Nurse and doc, yes you need to get that. Scheduling the Titration with ASV happened 5 minutes later.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The RT said that I didn’t need an ASV because the Bipap ST was getting my AHI under 5.0 which meant it was getting treated…. I’ll try again tomorrow and eventually with the doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
The RT is going by the numbers.  Counter with symptoms.

Today is Tuesday, call back on Thursday with a list of symptoms you want to fix.  You will need to be persistent.
Post Reply Post Reply
FEEL. I'm not well rested despite good numbers. Subjective opinions on your therapy need to be carried in via wheelbarrow.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - great advice - I actually feel pretty bad today after she ramped up the exhale pressure for some reason - the coffee isn’t working despite having an AHi of 3.5 - I’ll try again in the next couple days.
Post Reply Post Reply
In post #12 I linked to the Resmed Clinical Titration Protocol which describes the intended uses of the ST and ASV. Did you read it? https://document.resmed.com/en-us/docume...er_eng.pdf Did you figure out that the ST is an old technology used to treat respiratory diseases that has been replaced by iVAPS? Do you see anywhere in that protocol that Resmed recommends the use of the ST to treat central or complex sleep apnea? That manual has everything you need to prove the RT is clueless.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are recommended uses of various machines. Look under the "Treats patients with..." column and see which one fits. Ask your doctor or RT to show you where the FDA approves the ST for the treatment of complex and central apnea. Guess what? You are being treated with an off-label use of a ST because they don't know what an ASV even is.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34200]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - I can use this data to compile an email - now time for my BS afternoon nap…
Post Reply Post Reply
fikus56, one more thing for your email. Insurance uses the HCPCS codes to bill for CPAP, BiPAP, and every medical accessory and procedure that is paid by Medicare and insurance. The HCPCS code for your Aircurve 10 ST and the Aircurve 10 ASV is E0471 (Respiratory assist device, bi-level pressure capability, with back-up rate feature, used with noninvasive interface, e.g., nasal or facial mask (intermittent assist device with continuous positive airway pressure device). Let me say this plainly, you have already been approved for the type of machine that will benefit you the most, ASV; you just were prescribed the WRONG MACHINE! (or at least one that is inferior for the task at hand). Insurnace has already approved an E0471 device. Now your doctor has to swallow his pride and prescribe the one that will give you the best efficacy and comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
alright - email sent as I can barely do my job currently. hopefully this gets me some resolution soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 220 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,375 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,653 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 517 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 317 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.