Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
OK copy, let us know how it goes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys - you havent heard from me in awhile which is a good thing.  I want to say I had about a month where 95% of the days I had fairly normal energy levels and didnt require a nap.  Even though I still woke up a few times a night, my scores were good and I felt well rested.  Anyways, this last week Ive had some personal stuff going on plus the AHI seems to be going up.  

I sleeep with a cervical collar on , mouth tape, and a chin strap.  Even with all this, I can tell that Im opening my mouth still bc my mouth is dry when I wake up.   ALso noticing the leaks going up.  

Do you recommend any tweaks to my settings or should i just hone in on controlling the leaks?  I also tined the cervical collar some in case i was chin tucking.

Here is last night's.
Post Reply Post Reply
with attachment

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you're running Min. EPAP 4 and Min. PS 4. I would suggest considering moving PS Min. back to 3, and moving EPAP Min. up to 6. EPAP settings affect Hypopnea much like any other PAP would be expected.

I found manipulating settings to have PS come in with shorter bursts as necessary to treat Centrals was a bit more comfortable. This had me increasing EPAP Min. while not increasing PS. Min.

Alternate just move EPAP Min. to 5.

Either way, try it a night and post the OSCAR shot with telling us how you feel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, just updated my settings and took it for a quick spin.  Hopefully that gives me a little extra airflow.  Appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Forgot to mention, suggested edit was to attempt to address Hypopnea showing in the chart.

BTW, if this is bothersome and applicable, consider this, not to hit the start button as soon as your head hits the pillow, but rather relax, slow count to 10, then mask on, ASV on. Literally. Otherwise breath rate is off kilter from normal, ASV being helpful will increase its rates to match, then you're starting off wrong, and might be setting up to run higher pressures with more PS action and leaks more...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Dave - just wanted to say thanks.  I didnt end up putting the SD card back in the machine but i got a 0.7 AHI which is probbaly the top 1% of scores for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome.

OK that's very good sounding. Look for good or bad trends in the data. Keep at it and best to your success. If you want, post a chart sometime soon and tell us how you feel about the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey fellas - havent posted here in about 5 months. Overall things have been much better althogh I still have some bad days. Last night my AHI was 5.36 which is why Im here trying to figure out what was going on. Seems like I had a higher leak rate than normal (avg 1.29) and HI was 2.94/UA was 2.46

Here are last 30 day averages.

HI - 0.92/UA 1.36/ Avg Leak rate .55

This is probably the best my treatment will get right? Keep doing what Im doing and adjusting the leaks as they arise?
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see the OSCAR shot. Myself, I've done well looking at standard view. Always, unless a very specific need to see something else, I would present Events at the top, then downward from there would be Flow Rate, Pressure or substitute Mask Pressure as you're on ASV, then Leaks. I would skip over flow limits as trying to treat those is counterproductive to Central Apnea therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 220 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,374 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,653 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 517 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 317 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.