Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help
OK - just bought a refurb ASV for $1300 with overnight delivery...

My current Bipap settings are 16/10

What settings would you recommend that I tell the distributor to set my machine up to to start out?
Post Reply Post Reply
Start at Titration default on this ASV.

ASV Auto mode
EPAP 4-15
PS 3-15

This is with the understanding you'll do a self Titration at home with OSCAR data and coaching from Apnea Board members.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed's ASV Titration

[attachment=35054]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if you got the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, but this is the recommended titration protocol.  I have not followed your thread closely to know if EPAP should start higher, but most people find EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0 is a workable start from which we can optimize.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - My doctor did say that he wanted me to make sure my EPAP was higher, I think he said 10. He didnt actually include any specifics in the script.
Post Reply Post Reply
We can work it up to Min 10 cmH2O in time. Don't jump into the deep end too soon. With the ASV, you'll have a bit of a learning curve as ASV is a very different animal than other PAP machines. By all means, titrate yourself up there on EPAP if you need it, but start at the bottom and only go up if your needs require it. Your comfort will thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks y'all, had it set to the standard settings and it's being overnighted so i can start tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you have the SD card in it and post an OSCAR after first night. Include details on how you slept, what was right or wrong. We'll help address these either through question and answer and setting suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would also recommend that you check the time and date prior to its first use.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok received it today - no way to tell the total hours bc they reset it to zero. Anyways - overall seems like a decent machine - took a few pulls through the nasal pillows and it works fine.

Here are the settings that came on it .

I think epap is potentially high

Mode ASV
Epap - 9.8
Min PS - 3
Max ps 14.4
Ramp 25 min
Start epap 4
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 223 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,383 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,658 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 521 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 323 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.