Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help
Go to the clinician menu the About screen, that is where the run hours are.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPAP isn't as high as you stated the doc wanted at 10. EPAP appears as a range IF ASV Auto mode is used, that is the only way EPAP can have 4-9.8 numbers.

Personal opinion, ramp needs to be turned off or with a short time and setting within EPAP range. You do not want to lock out therapy for 25 minutes unless pressure is a reasonable number. You may feel you need Ramp, OK make pressure 6, 7 or so. You may have events flags during Ramp, therapy doesn't happen during Ramp duration.

Total hours cannot be erased unless the seller used the new blower repair option. If they did, I'm not comfortable with them hiding total hours. User hours is totally different though. Look in your Clinical Menu, near the bottom should be something "About" maybe. Look in there for hours.

Update your left panel Apnea Board user data to reflect ASV and pressure set.

Post an OSCAR as soon as you get some time on the ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Under the about section in the clinical settings it now says run hours = 1 , it did say 0.

The thing looks great, works, and is technically refurbished with original resmed parts so we’ll see how it goes

I’ve set it to auto ASV

Min 4 epap
Max 15 epap
Min 3 ps
Max ps 15

Feels a bit lighter after being blasted with the Bipap ST - will report back
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect, that's your default ResMed titration setup.

For tomorrow's follow-up with OSCAR:

Do me a favor, note specifically how you feel/felt when you use the ASV. If you need to, write it down. Tell us if you're feeling too little air to start, etc.

BTW eventually your ASV will make its presence known right as you drift off to sleep. Try to remain calm and recall what I'm trying to teach. When it blows hard as you're drifting off, BLOW BACK. Literally you will blow forcefully back to ASV reminding him you're still breathing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m glad to see default settings in ASV auto mode with ramp off. That will give us the best idea of your needs after the first night of data. While the data is important please post some subjective discussion of what feels right or wrong and we can try to address comfort issues as well as consider the data. The ASV is often remarkable in preventing almost all events but your comfort and sleep are top priority.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips - according to supplier , the reasoning behind the 0 hours is that a new blower was installed
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm OK with that reason for the reset then. This is the same as a car getting a new engine. Your zero hours mean you will not need another machine for about 20K hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got a 1.6 ahi the first night.

Booting my personal laptop up to get all the Oscar data.

Comfortability was decent. There were times I wished the pressure were a bit stronger as I’ve been using a Bipap st 16/10 for months now.

I woke up twice in the night but was able to get back to sleep fairly easily.

Feel a bit more refreshed than normal this morning. Typical of when the machine is working etc : )
Post Reply Post Reply
Once we look at the data, we can see if you might need a boost in EPAP min or PS min. Either one is no big deal and may help with the feeling of wanting more air. Nothing is like the constant blast of the ST for disruption.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - here are the 2 x screen shots pulled from last night's Oscar report.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 401 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,210 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 266 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,496 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,732 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 542 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 347 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.