Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help
Yes, the mask will be fine. And glad you understand what I'm meaning, emphasize the negative.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So my next appointment isn’t until the end of august - not really sure what else I can do until then.  Got a 1.7 AHI last night with the Bipap but again - very difficult to work etc bc of the excessive sleepiness
Post Reply Post Reply
Primary care doc gave me 1 month script for trazedone - in y’all’s experience is that helpful ?

Used cpap for 10 hours last night but woke up several times - still exhausted (ahi of 5)
Post Reply Post Reply
Please do a search using these search terms trazodone site:apneaboard.com

This will give you a large number of returns for member experience with Trazodone.  I'd rather you draw your own conclusions based on what you find, however the problem with Trazodone is not so much using it, but getting off it. I think the use of a strong sleep-aid of this class is a poor substitute for the appropriate PAP therapy. Your doctor wants you to sleep more deeply so the respiratory arousal from the use of ST are not as noticeable. As you will see from the above search, the results have been all over the place for our members, but most do not view Trazodone as a sustainable therapy. Personally, I would take a couple OTC melatonin to help with sleep, but this is a strong anti-depressant, for treatment of a host of symptoms you have not complained of, at least here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rather a hack job at fixing Apnea therapy I think. Wrong machine plus pills... Quack
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a slightly used ASV from a distributor that requires no script for $2k - they’ll also buy back my airsense 10.

What are the pros and cons of just ordering it now. Long story but I do not have time to wait and this doctor to actually eventually hopefully fix my problem. My appt is end of august.

How hard is it to get the ASV set up ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Also - a different doctor (primary care) gave me the pills - just for a month as I deal with the bs pulmonologist office
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing could be easier than to setup a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV in ASVauto mode.  As shown in the image below, the initial settings and optimization is very straight-forward.  The recommended initial setting in ASV auto is EPAP min 4.0, IPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0.  In your case we would modify that only to raise EPAP min to 5 or 6 cm based on prior CPAP results.  The first night results of dozens of members we have see do this is generally under 2-AHI and generally less than 1 after the first night trial and optimization.  We usually end up narrowing the range for EPAP and PS and targeting comfort based on user input.

Beware of Trazodone as it is extremely habit forming and has a wide array of side-effects.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep the settings are pretty easy, straightforward. It'll be a bit of a learning curve for you to get used to ASV, the feel and such on therapy. But you'll love results for the effort.

Me, I'd get it. Your use can be evidence to get a scripted ASV later. And you benefit from right therapy and feeling better for it now.
Post Reply Post Reply
So had an appointment with the actual doctor yesterday.

His take was that my Sleep Apnea was technically being treated because my AHI is an average of 2.5.

However, he also said I should have been titrated to the ASV during the study I already had.

He also agreed that an ASV is a proper treatment for Complex Apnea. He confirmed that it was totally safe for me to try an ASV. He also gave me a prescription for an ASV.

Now though, the one I found used for like $1500 was sold and it seems really hard to find any type of CPAP right now, let alone an ASV.

If anyone has any leads I'm ready to buy. I found one yesterday but it was $4100 which seems steep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 257 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,151 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 221 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,382 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,658 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 521 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 323 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.