Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing
last night was better.

default settings. 

AHI of 1.47

Slept about 7 hours and 50 minutes.  Woke up at 6 which is about an hour earlier than normal then just sort of laid there for a little while.  I can see on the chart there are some apneas around that 6am time so perhaps that is what jolted me awake. 

Anyways, I got the mask in order a little better and had less leaks and feel great this morning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
still working at it.  Trying to keep the leaks down.  Here is last nights data - 9 hours sleep, no meds.

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel after this session?

I believe there's some clustering of positional Apnea effects going on there that the collar can clean up. Every few hours these crop up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
initially I felt pretty good but ran out of energy mid morning despite having a higher than normal amount of caffeine plus exercise .

I will try the collar tonight and see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree the pattern suggests chin-tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to put the ssd card back in the machine last night.

Got a 2.0 AHI and while I woke up a few times , I’m feeling pretty good this morning. Put the card in, will get the chart tomorrow and post it.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK here is last night with the collar. 

Looks a bit better. 

Although - I woke up numerous times between the hours of 3 and 5 am.  Like at least 10 times.  not sure what that was all about.  I had loads of energy yesterday and sometimes when that happens I have a hard time staying asleep. 

Surprisingly though, I feel fairly good today. 

The collar was pretty annoying, maybe I had it on too tight.  Any recommendations there would be helpful.

I took the collar off at 5am then woke up at about 730am. 

Any ideas what to do about the hypopnea?

Post Reply Post Reply
Adapting and optimizing a collar is something that takes time. We generally see immediate improvement, then gradually as the fit and comfort come around, a further improvement. Your initial improvement is on the order of a 75% reduction in events. Not bad! Now to make the adjustment that make this tool more comfortable and effective.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - I’ll try to make it a bit more comfortable tonight
Post Reply Post Reply
another night with the collar. 

Scores look good, I feel pretty good today surprisingly bc of all the wake ups. 

Woke up several times though and was awake for a lot of the night.  Not sure what's going on there but at least I feel good during the day and the events seem to be going down. 

Are there any more comfortable collars?  Maybe that's waking me up?  I tossed the thing around 5AM. 

I feel like an airplane neck pillow would be more comfortable and do the same thing?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 347 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,185 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 256 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,455 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Sad Lygodia Therapy Thread: Optimizing My Airsense 10 lygodia 43 2,723 02-09-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: lygodia
  Need help optimizing and figuring out data variability please fert 8 536 01-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: fert
  Optimizing APAP settings meticulousdonut 3 341 01-16-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: meticulousdonut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.