Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP Settings?
RE: BiPAP Settings?
Ah, also good points, thank you!

A short update: I noticed that with those settings, when I lie on my back and relax the muscles, the air pressure was not strong enough to hold the airway open, so I upped the min EPAP until it did so (even when falling asleep on my side, I often wake up on my back. And yes I would even wake up on my back with tennis balls or a whole backpack to keep me on my side).
This helped somewhat, but I still feel so, so tired.

Took a closer look at the flow rate in general and noticed that there are quite a few bits where it looks like an apnea event, but it only lasts 8, 9 seconds or so, so doesn't get flagged by the machine. I guess there's no setting to change the threshold...
Does anyone know what the recommendation is then? My head is so foggy I can't think clearly. Might go back to the dreamstation for a few days to clear the fog...
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Could you show us your charts please.

I find that I need a min of 10 to feel comfortable even though my charts imply that I can go considerably lower so I understand what you did.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Woah you are fast!
Here are some examples (attached)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help! I don't know what else to try with BiPAP (UARS) tiredmikey 2 56 1 hour ago
Last Post: tiredmikey
  Need help on cpap settings Beaumont1124 86 2,342 Yesterday, 03:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need Help Understanding BiPAP Clinical Settings Jake B 31 946 11-30-2020, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] 2 weeks on BiPAP - what should I look out for? paulm14 14 473 11-14-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  I think my settings are not optimal virus 1 155 11-13-2020, 03:26 PM
  [CPAP] Oscar data help bipap Moemah123 2 129 11-09-2020, 09:30 PM
  Setting up BIPAP at home. Can it be done? Torres2020 3 215 10-29-2020, 07:37 AM
Last Post: happydreams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.