Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP as Back UP Machine
I am looking at getting a back up machine after I come back from my UK trip. After doing a lot of reading on this board (and other sources) I am thinking of getting a BiPAP. My PRS1 560 Auto does not seem to be able to bring my RERAs down below 2.00 on a regular basis and I believe that BiPAP is a good way of achieving this.

I'll buy used of course and am vacillating between two different machines. The big point is that both can be used as a straight APAP.

The Respironics PRS1 DS760 auto is at a good price from Supplier #2 and has some good features

The Resmed S9 VPAP/BiPAP auto is even cheaper from suppler #2 and is also a strong contender

The dichotomy for me is do I stick with Respironics or do I open myself up to a different algorithm by getting the Resmed and therefore spread my bets.

Are there other alternatives?

All advice gratefully received.
Post Reply Post Reply
The answer is the Dreamstation DSX700T11 Auto BiPAP now on Amazon at $720. This machine is full auto bilevel with variable EPAP, IPAP and even variable PS. It is a hypopnea destroyer. I have the PRS1 760 model and the variable PS does work better than the Resmed Aircurve fixed PS in targeting hypopnea. Very good price if you act while it is available.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I'm not buying until after my holidays so I hope that price is still around.
Post Reply Post Reply

I bought one of these a couple of days ago and at that time it showed that Amazon had ten of these left including my purchase.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2017, 02:43 PM)stanleydean Wrote: I bought one of these a couple of days ago and at that time it showed that Amazon had ten of these left including my purchase.

Stan

The machine pictured on Amazon is obviously not a Dreamstation and to further complicate matters the manual doesn't match the machine pictured. Have you received yours yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon is notorious for using incorrect stock images. I would suggest you contact the seller if you have questions. The sale is for a DSX700T11.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  newbie with AHI~50 & a new dream station biPAP rbookman 17 297 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 47 21,042 Yesterday, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Back after 3 years to try again. eBoof 14 354 10-13-2017, 07:33 PM
  BiPAP Induced Central Apneas for New User (help)? STB123 14 402 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: STB123
  Wake after 2-4 hours can't go back to sleep Help me 27 575 10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Help me
  Which BiPap to get Lanco 4 141 10-07-2017, 08:06 AM
  What is difference between Simplus BiPap FFM and CPAP FFM? Lanco 6 216 10-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Last Post: kiwii