Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP as Back UP Machine
BiPAP as Back UP Machine
I am looking at getting a back up machine after I come back from my UK trip. After doing a lot of reading on this board (and other sources) I am thinking of getting a BiPAP. My PRS1 560 Auto does not seem to be able to bring my RERAs down below 2.00 on a regular basis and I believe that BiPAP is a good way of achieving this.

I'll buy used of course and am vacillating between two different machines. The big point is that both can be used as a straight APAP.

The Respironics PRS1 DS760 auto is at a good price from Supplier #2 and has some good features

The Resmed S9 VPAP/BiPAP auto is even cheaper from suppler #2 and is also a strong contender

The dichotomy for me is do I stick with Respironics or do I open myself up to a different algorithm by getting the Resmed and therefore spread my bets.

Are there other alternatives?

All advice gratefully received.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPAP as Back UP Machine
The answer is the Dreamstation DSX700T11 Auto BiPAP now on Amazon at $720. This machine is full auto bilevel with variable EPAP, IPAP and even variable PS. It is a hypopnea destroyer. I have the PRS1 760 model and the variable PS does work better than the Resmed Aircurve fixed PS in targeting hypopnea. Very good price if you act while it is available.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I'm not buying until after my holidays so I hope that price is still around.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought one of these a couple of days ago and at that time it showed that Amazon had ten of these left including my purchase.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2017, 02:43 PM)stanleydean Wrote: I bought one of these a couple of days ago and at that time it showed that Amazon had ten of these left including my purchase.

Stan

The machine pictured on Amazon is obviously not a Dreamstation and to further complicate matters the manual doesn't match the machine pictured. Have you received yours yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon is notorious for using incorrect stock images. I would suggest you contact the seller if you have questions. The sale is for a DSX700T11.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,416 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 173 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 204 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,419 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 378 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.