Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP... is a resmed s10 really THAT much better an s9?
BiPAP... is a resmed s10 really THAT much better an s9?
I am looking at second hand bipap machines on secondwindpap and the price of the second hand s9 is very lucrative.

I am hoping that a bipap will treat my FLs. I know that the s9 has the EPR function like the s10. 

I am wondering whether an s10 is really worth a few hundred more ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPAP... is a resmed s10 really THAT much better an s9?
The therapy provided by the S9 is close to identical to that of the S10 series in both CPAP and VPAP variants. As you know, the form factor is different and the S9 is more picky about hidden files on the SD card, which is why it must be locked before inserting into a computer, then unlocked to be put back in the machine. The S9 has been discontinued for several years, but many low-hour and even new units are out there. They will still run for 20,000+ hours. If you are okay with the fact the H5i humidifier is not integrated there is not a great deal of advantage to buying the S10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2021, 09:53 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The therapy provided by the S9 is close to identical to that of the S10 series in both CPAP and VPAP variants. As you know, the form factor is different and the S9 is more picky about hidden files on the SD card, which is why it must be locked before inserting into a computer, then unlocked to be put back in the machine.  The S9 has been discontinued for several years, but many low-hour and even new units are out there. They will still run for 20,000+ hours.  If you are okay with the fact the H5i humidifier is not integrated there is not a great deal of advantage to buying the S10.

Nice.

The s9 I'm looking at is being advertised with the humifidier.

So I would have to play around with my SD card to get it to work on the s9?
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 and the SD card - Since Windows 7, System volume information files are written to removable devices by default. The S9 DOES NOT LIKE this and will want to format the SD card when it is re-inserted into the S9. You have to take special care to Write-Protect the card prior to inserting it into your PC. Likewise, you need to remember to Write-Enable it prior to inserting back into the S9 or you won't get any data. This problem was resolved in the A10 series. Also, there are ways of disabling the writing of this data to your removable drives. . . for those "just in case" moments. The steps seem to vary depending on which version of Windows you are running, 7, 8, or 10.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CentralApneaUser, if your user name has any significance, then you may need an ASV machine. The S9 VPAP Adapt is the S9 version of the Aircurve 10 ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2021, 12:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: CentralApneaUser, if your user name has any significance, then you may need an ASV machine.  The S9 VPAP Adapt is the S9 version of the Aircurve 10 ASV.

I was initially diagnosed with central thru a home sleep test. Further sleep testing showed it was a huge mis-diagnosis. So fortunately I don't have centrals. 

I was re-diagnosed with UARS. I think flow limitations are my main problems. I read Bi-PAP can help with this. 

So far I've used a Phillips APAP, and I still wake up to pee all the time and have interrupted sleep with tired eyes. But mentally I'm FAR sharper and feel less tired on the same amount of sleep than without the APAP. So the APAP is doing something, but the pressure exhale relief on the PR APAP is no good. The flex settings also suck.

I think I need a Bi-PAP machine to help deal with the FLs due to their exhale capabilities.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 709 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.