Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP new therapy
RE: BiPAP new therapy
Here I am again with the results for the last 3 nights.
On the second night I saw the leak rate and decided to remove the liner I used. The move seems to be the right one.

Last night (night 3) I had an 8 hours sleep again. I am really, really happy with that.
Overall there is great progress and I hope I can keep it up.
There is still some flow limitation for which I hope you can suggest some parameters tweak to reduce even more.

I used to wake up with back pain. Since the beginning of this year I have been using an inversion table every day. This morning, another first, I woke up with no back pain. I feel really good.

It has been a year-long struggle but finally, if things stay the way they are, it would be great.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm really glad for your improvement Dan. Let's try PS 5.4 and see what that does. We don't want to over-ventilate you but if we can knock back just a bit more FL that will be great. Flow limitation remains episodic and probably related to residual positional issues, so you will continue to need the collar and other aids to keep your airway straight. Your older charts are no longer available in your previous therapy thread, but I think you have experienced a significant increase in tidal volume and minute vent from your CPAP days.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Posted by Sleeprider - 10 minutes ago
... Your older charts are no longer available in your previous therapy thread...

Sleeprider, if you would like to see some of my past results, let me know what I should post, I have all my past data.
I had to make room here for new posts so I removed previous screenshots.

I will make the adjustment for PS 5.4 and show you the results tomorrow.
Thank you so much for great support Thanks

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
There is good progress.

For the first session last night I forgot to increase to PS 5.4.
Sessions 2 and 3 where with PS 5.4.

The last session results are very good. I hope it will stay that way.

I think I should not change the settings for a while and see how it goes unless you think otherwise.

I have included a zoomed view of the end of session 3.

Being curious, I would like to know what is tidal volume and how it relates to flow rate.
Also, I can see there are variations of tidal volume when there is no flow limitation. Should there not be a relation between the 2 parameters?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Tidal volume is the volume of air in a single breath measured in mL. Typical results are in a broad range and tidal capacity varies depending on height, sex, pulmonary health and other factors. At a median of 500 mL you are right in the sweet spot. Minute vent is the total volume of air respired in one-minute and is a function of tidal volume and respiration rate. Again 7.0 L/min is very good. If you want to do it the hard way, 500 mL * 13.6 BPM / 1000 mL/L = 6.8 L/min, which goes to prove you can't believe everything you see in Oscar

There is some waxing and waning of the respiration rate in the zoomed segment. This is so close to your arousal time that I can't conclude it has any significance, however the reduced respiratory volume caused CO2 to rise resulting in a recovery breath and possible arousal at 08:39. The flow reduction at 08:45 appears slightly flow limited, but again, it is very close to when therapy ends.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider

From your post I conclude everything is OK and no changes to parameters are required.

As I said previously, I will let some nights go by and see if it goes the same before making a final conclusion.

Thanks

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks fine. I would not make a final judgement on the basis of a short sample anyway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I did not think I would be back here so soon.

Last night, all parameters were the same, no change.

I woke up 2 times .

There is a French expression I don't know the equivalent in English.
Translated, it goes : "This morning, I feel like a train ran over me".

In the results, are there indications why I woke up a few times and don't feel rested this morning?

My hope is that it is a one night fluke and thing should come back to better.

Any thoughts?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to bed for a fourth session.
See the new screenshot

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
I went back for a forth session
See the screenshot

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,337 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.