Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP to AUTO CPAP and So Clean
Wink 
BiPAP to AUTO CPAP and So Clean
I had two sleep studies about 10 years ago (one night of hell apparently was not enough). Because I could not fight against the pressure when exhaling my doctor prescribed a BiPAP machine. My first one was the Respironics M Series. About four years ago it got so loud that it was replaced with a Respironics 50 Series System One. I really liked the last one but wanted something more compact for travel. I was looking at the small ones, but without a humidifier, they were about the size of my Respironics without a humidifier and seemed to have the noise problem I didn't have when just using my PR without the humidifier.

I just saw my doctor and he didn't think I needed a BiPAP as my average pressures were 10/8. He suggested trying a Auto CPAP with exhale relief and also getting a heated hose as an improvement over my current setup. I reviewed the heck out of what is out there and decided to get the AirSense 10 Auto CPAP. I considered the PR Dreamstation, but it seemed like there were still some early production problems and the AirSense had the ramping that sensed when you were asleep rather than a fixed time ramp. I have had my second night on it and can report very favorably on it. It is so quiet I can't even hear it and when I wake up (for non-CPAP issues) it immediately goes back into 'ramp' mode until I fall asleep again. I guess my doctor was right. This morning I was emailed that my mask was having more leaks than the first night and offered some suggestions. I like the reporting methodology of the AirSense via MyAir, although would like the added download of data to a tablet instead of having to use the card in my computer to get detailed data. But nothing is perfect, I guess. I also ordered the SoClean cleaner and will give a report on that when I get a chance.

A great thank you to everyone on this forum and the originator. There is some incredible information here, especially in how to get into the clinical screens of the CPAP machines to activate those features that you want.

TomKriek
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPAP to AUTO CPAP and So Clean
Welcome Tom,

Good luck on your therapy. You seem to be catching on rather quickly. Taking control of your therapy is a great step. Keep posting, especially if you run into a wall. The answers are here. Patience is the problem of many as when you have a problem no matter how slight, it takes the next session, then the next, and so on to see if you are reversing the issue.

As you can see, we have a similar setup.

Most recommend a 7-14 day trial after any changes to get a realistic picture of any improvement or a decline in therapy. When you get to fine tuning, I like 30 day sessions to look for a trend. So you can see patience is the key!Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Tom:

Welcome to apneaboard. ginzo's advice is very good.
Much like trying to adjust the carburetor on older cars... making big or multiple changes can make it difficult to figure out what's going on.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TomKriek,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s good to hear that you are doing so well with your new CPAP machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 175 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 225 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 368 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 248 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,258 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 409 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 438 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.