Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bone missing
RE: Bone missing
I am 66 years old and this is from 'Agent Orange' problem. I have adrenal tumors and they cause low potassium which caused Afib which caused stroke.

So it is just a LITTLE complicated. I'm just lucky to still be alive. Smile

woodturner550
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do you want to go from here?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Just make the very most of everyday. Smile

Knowledge is also a peace of mind...That everything reasonable has been done within the confines of quality of life. Oh I know that if I would let them, I would like be kept alive just to be alive. However, I don't want that.

Everything has its time and place.

Thanks.
woodturner550
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi woodturner550,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm sorry to hear that you have been through so much.
It's great to hear that you want to know, understand and take charge of your health care.

I wish you good luck and hope there is something you can do to treat your sleep apnea..
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thanks for the kind words.
Post Reply Post Reply
woodturner550,

Have any of the techs or doctors on your medical team mentioned an oral device designed to treat OSA?

The oral devices fit in your mouth and hold the jaw slightly forward, which in theory forces the airway to open up a bit more than when the jaw is in the normal position. And that makes it a bit harder for the airway to collapse.

Since there is no air being forced into your airway, an oral appliance would not have the same issues that a CPAP would have for you. But oral appliances do require that your teeth be in decent shape and they can be an issue if you have TMJ issues. Oral appliances are custom made, fitted and adjusted by dentists who specialize in treating sleep apnea. In other words, you don't want your regular primary care dentist fitting an oral appliance for treating OSA.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish it could be that easy. No they even had to brace what is left to keep my face from deforming.

Thanks so for the idea.
woodturner550
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 234 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 145 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 471 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 618 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii
Question [CPAP] Is the Resmed algorithm missing my AHI events? Nathan Graves 2 589 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 987 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Myair app missing 1/2 of days sleep period Dchurch 4 704 03-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SleepyMac

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.