Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirCurve V Auto Humidifier
AirCurve V Auto Humidifier
I have a new Air Curve 10 V Auto and am disappointed with the humidifier. I am wondering if mine is not working correctly or if it is just the design. I feel no warmth developing on the unit hot plate below a setting of 5. I have to run it on level 7 (of 8) with a pressure setting that averages 10. I can't believe that someone running at the higher pressures would be able to generate a comfortable humidity. Also the chamber barely holds enough water to last 8 hours running at my settings. My previous ResMed machine (S8 Elite) ran on 3 or 4 humidity level and held enough water for two nights. Does anyone have a different experience?
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve V Auto Humidifier
Hi MobileBasset,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know anything about the humidifiers in the newer machines.
Hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve V Auto Humidifier
My fairly new S9 VPAP Auto uses more water than my M-Series, but part of that is the tank is smaller. I don't use a lot of humidity though even though it is dry here. I set it to 2.5 most of the time. When I first got the machine, it had the climateline hose on it, I separated the controls for the hose and the humidity as I was running out of water too fast (it defaults to 3.0)

I stopped using the heated hose not long ago as I determined it had no purpose here. Even in winter, it is too dry and not cold enough (in the room) for rain out. Just use a regular hose now, Humidity is still at 2.5 and I have about 1/3 - 1/4 of a tank left each morning of 8-9 hour sleep.

As to needing more humidity, the only real way to deal with that is to increase the humidity in the room so you don't need to use as much on the machine. You do that by adding a humidifier to the room itself.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,491 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,337 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.