Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPap machine changing heated tube setting during the night
BiPap machine changing heated tube setting during the night
I am having problems with dry nose and throat soreness. I raised the humidity level on my machine and that helped a little, but not enough.

Now I am trying to lower the heat level on the heated tube to see if that helps. It came with the heat level set to 5, which is the highest. But my bedroom never really gets cold, so I tried lowering to 2 and then to 1. When I wake up in the morning, I can feel the tube is really hot and I see the machine reverted to a 5 setting on its own.

How can I override this and set the tube temperature manually?

I have a Respironics BiPaP Auto 60 series with a System One humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPap machine changing heated tube setting during the night
Bump2
I don,t have your machine, but maybe others who have your machine can chime in

Question: can the DME lock this setting on the SD card
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2014, 08:31 PM)zonk Wrote: Bump2
I don,t have your machine, but maybe others who have your machine can chime in

Question: can the DME lock this setting on the SD card

I set the temperature on the clinician set up to 1 as well, and the machine still changes the setting back to 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2014, 09:47 PM)apnea711 Wrote: I set the temperature on the clinician set up to 1 as well, and the machine still changes the setting back to 5.
Remove the SD card and if the machine accept the changes then the setting is locked on the SD card and changes cannot be made with the SD card in the machine. If this is case, you can make the changes and get a new SD card

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 151 7 hours ago
Last Post: dharma2255
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,104 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 115 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,345 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 255 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 150 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 142 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.