Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiXPower DC convertor VS Resmed DC convertor for S9
BiXPower DC convertor VS Resmed DC convertor for S9
This convertor weight 2 lbs LESS than the Resmed version:
BiXPower 12V to 24V DC to DC Power Converter with Special Output Connector for CPAP S9

ResMed S9 DC Cord Converter - Part #36970

has anyone used the BiXPower version yet and if so how did it do?
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiXPower DC convertor VS Resmed DC convertor for S9
I have used the ResMed brand DC cord converter and I attached it to a 12-volt deep cycle battery and it worked great.  Used it a few times for 2-3 entire nights when the grid power went out in my area.

Haven't used the BiXPower solution, however.  I've heard that solutions other than the ResMed option might not work, since ResMed has some proprietary signalling stuff built into their cord which is required for the CPAP so it won't spit out an error message.  Maybe the BiXPower people have overcome that issue, I have no clue.

Anyone tried the BiXPower solution for an S9 unit?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen nothing but good about bixpower and Medistrom with the included power converter. The Li-ion battery packs are light, recharge fast and the included converters are specifically for the Resmed machines. This is my choice for lightweight, compact power on motorcycle trips.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've moved this thread from the Product Reviews forum into the Main Forum, since this is a question on a product, not a review of a product.

If anyone wants to review either product, please post the review in the Product Reviews Forum.

Thanks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] BiXPower Battery and converter for ResMed AirSense 10 Herwig P 4 1,809 01-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.