Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Big Head and ResMed P10
Big Head and ResMed P10
Eventually, I'll find out at my DME, but does the P10 work for someone who wears a 7-3/4 to 7-7/8 hat size without being so tight it causes "piggy nose?" I'm thinking I may wind up with a Swift FX. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Big Head and ResMed P10
It does. You may need to part the two straps and wear one on the bottom part of your head below your occipital protuberance and the front side strap real close to your forehead. But it does loosen it sufficiently so that your nose doesn't feel stressed out.

The trick that works for me is to wear it real loose and then when the air flow starts, it inflates the nasal pillows just a little bit to give it a nice fit. My leak rates rarely go above 2Lpm.

Of all else fails you can expand the headgear. There are multiple ways to do that. Or else just bear with the fit for 1 week and it will loosen up.

My 2 cents. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try spacing the rear straps further apart, and also I've heard of people putting it over a basketball during the day to stretch it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips, guys. That basketball idea sounds great. From all I read it'll be worth giving the P10 every possible chance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an idea that may work:
[Image: va9CY9Kl.png]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2015, 11:53 AM)sgearhart Wrote: Here is an idea that may work:

That's a great idea. Thanks much!
Post Reply Post Reply
I spread the straps too. One across the back of my head (this strap ends up doing all the work). The other one pulled up on top of my head (it ends up not participating this way, it's just kind of hanging out for the ride).

If it's still too tight, while I have it on, I'll grab the straps on each side, near my ears, and pull out on them to stretch the whole thing.

When I wash the mask I try to remember to flip the strap over, so I'm not always using the same thin strap in the back each time. Trying to make it last a little longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the details of that technique--I'll sure give it a shot. Good idea rotating the straps for longer life. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I found something interesting. It appears besides four pillow sizes, there are also four frame sizes; Large, Medium, Small, and X-Small. I suspect the complete unisex P10 comes with the Medium and the For Her comes with the Small. I may need the Large and my wife the Extra Small. The part numbers are here:

AirFit™ P10 Support

AirFit™ P10 for Her Support

Edit: It just occurred to me the "Frame System" may include the pillow and that's the reason for the different sizes--meaning the frame the pillow sits in is the same for all sizes.

I'm hoping I get to try a P10 when I finally get my split sleep study on the 18th.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2015, 09:17 AM)iSnore Wrote: I found something interesting. It appears besides four pillow sizes, there are also four frame sizes; Large, Medium, Small, and X-Small.

Edit: It just occurred to me the "Frame System" may include the pillow and that's the reason for the different sizes--meaning the frame the pillow sits in is the same for all sizes.

You figured it out. One frame supports all sizes. The resmed listing is for a "frame system", which just means a frame + pillow with no headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 677 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  DIY idea to stop itching and rash back of head? okieman 15 11,052 05-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Xltrod
  Head cold Barbara.Levitan 2 597 03-10-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 775 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter
  P30i pulsating/hammering on my head koy23 0 519 12-19-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.