Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear Mask - How often replace cushions
RE: DreamWear Mask - How often replace cushions
Paying out of pocket I use them as long as possible. I got about a year out of my first mask and I am on about seven months out on my second one. I've probably changed the cushions six times in the that 18 month period. Got the first mask through my DME under my insurance plan when I had already reached my $800 deductible for the year so it was free. I also got six cushions and have been making them last. I rarely reach my deductible, so I mostly pay out of pocket. I did replace the mask last October on Amazon for $60 for the fit pack which was a deal I cannot find anymore. Seems prices have gone up. It was cheaper to buy the fit pack than the few parts I needed like the head band, which stretched. It also got me a new cushion. Wish I could find a way to get the cushions/masks for a reasonable rate. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using my first Dreamwear Mask for 7 months and so far it's as good as new.  I do make it a point to only tighten the mask only enough to stop leaks so not to stretch it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2016, 11:36 PM)holden4th Wrote: So where can you get replacement cushions? I can't seem to find anything online

Commercial Link Removed.  Do a search on Google for Cpap Australia.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm now at about 14 months usage with a single frame and cushion, wash both every day with handsoap, the headgear hasn't fared as well only lasting a few months before it went soft and the rubbery surface started to come off. My wife made me replacement headgear out of 2mm neoprene which works much better than the original and is still going strong after 7 months.
Originally I used the supplied sizing chart/template and as it indicated I needed the small size cushion I have done so up until recently when I tried the medium cushion and found it to be much more comfortable and less prone to leaks when I move about during sleep.
The local cost of replacement headgear is over $50 plus shipping which I why I asked my wife to make me some as the cost is ridiculous for such a piece, especially when they deteriorate so quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 105 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 134 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 356 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 867 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 267 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 636 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,144 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.