Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tooth pain, jaw shifting?
Tooth pain, jaw shifting?
I've noticed since I started with my machine. I'll wake up in the morning with sore teeth occasionally.

Also sometimes I wake up at night and my jaw is pushed forward like an underbite.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tooth pain, jaw shifting?
With my full face mask I will have sore lower teeth/jawbone if the lower straps are adjusted too tight. I din't think your nasal mask would do that.
The jaw shift that you are experiencing could be caused by certain fitting or adjustment of the chin strap if you are using one. It might be worth discussing with your DME supplier and/or your dentist.
Post Reply Post Reply
No chin strap on mine
Post Reply Post Reply
Also have upper teeth pain using nasal mask (F&P 405). This is because lower straps are too tight after chasing major mask leaks. Also in my case the gum is very sore above left canine tooth. Concluded a new mask is needed so back to my DME.

Recommend you back off the lower straps in minor adjustments (1/8") at a time to relieve the pressure on your teeth. The mask should be floating on the cushions instead of tightly fitted to your face. Fitting mask correctly seems to be the one major issue with many users of CPAP. Good luck with your journey on CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 337 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Hip pain when waking up? rpierce 7 1,098 08-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.