Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Big variations in nightly AHI numbers
RE: Big variations in nightly AHI numbers
Just a note about varying AHI numbers. I do a fair amount of traveling, and the change in beds in different hotels raises my AHI, even changing sleeping position at home causes it to jump around. So there is more to AHI varying than the machine - sleeping position, stress, alcohol consumption, time since last meal, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
" So there is more to AHI varying than the machine - sleeping position, stress, alcohol consumption, time since last meal, etc."

I think you're right NorthernGuy. I travel a lot also and notice a difference - actually my best numbers often come in hotel rooms - hard to figure that one. The hotel beds are not nearly as comfortable as my own bed.

Will have to start noting stress levels and looking for a correlation.

Post Reply Post Reply
JaneAM,
It may help if you start to keep a journal, especially if you travel a lot.
Make note of where you are, time you went to bed, and AHI, and more importantly, how you felt when you woke up.

This way, you may be able to pinpoint when the higher AHI readings occur.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 605 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Oscar- How it categorizes these nightly events... Reesche 0 260 11-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,017 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 511 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.