Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Big variations in nightly AHI numbers
Big variations in nightly AHI numbers
Hi - Any suggestions for trying to understand big differences in AHI numbers? After a month where my average was 3.5, the last several days I've had 3, then 9.5, then 0.4, then 8, then 7.5. One night 2 obstructive apneas, the next night 45. No apparent differences in my daily routine, stress level, sleep on my side, etc. - can't figure out why the fluctuations.

I've tried to upload SleepyHead data before but can't figure out how to upload it. Tried following the instructions but no success.

The good news? I still feel great in the day. Very little afternoon fatigue, which was my main symptom.

Thanks forum members - I always appreciate your thoughts!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Big variations in nightly AHI numbers
What problems are you having uploading your data?

Follow these instructions, it's fairly self explanatory.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Screenshot
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Fluctuations in AHI will vary. Do you roll on your back during the night? You may not realize you do this. Are your obstructives showing up in clusters?

We can offer better advice if you would show us some data. What has your 90% pressure reading been?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the leak levels on those nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get Sleepyhead and check the timing of the apneas. I can go the first 6 hours with an AHI <1 and end up with a final AHI over 10. Not any good sleep the last 2 hours.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for those links OpalRose.

I can get my SleepyHead charts all set and uploaded - until I'm at the Imgur screen where I've clicked on the Large Thumbnail and seen the linked BBC Code. But then what? Not sure how to get the images onto this forum board.

The Imgur instructions seem to just stop after I highlight the BBC code.

Ideas?

And yes - I can see my OSAs usually come in clusters. Maybe those are times when I roll onto my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you highlight the code, copy the link.

Then come back here to start your post, click in the post where you want the link to appear. Then paste the link into your post.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last 6 nights of SleepyHead data - any ideas why the AHI #s jump around so much?

[Image: kfiskTy.png]

[Image: AhIH7SFl.png]

[Image: HmyECsql.png]

[Image: 8P6foTGl.png]

[Image: FyX8Vvwl.png]

[Image: yBYKmnLl.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
Most graphs are too small to read. Be sure to select Large Thumbnail in Imgur before selecting the URL. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board I have no idea why the graphs are all in black and dark colors.

From the one graph I can read, events are primarily obstructive, and your minimum APAP pressure of 5.0 is not going to be the solution. You have a median pressure of 9+ with 95% pressures at 13+. With the Dreamstation, the machine simply does not increase pressure fast enough, and that is why, even on the best night, you have flow limitation and RERA. Consider your long-term average pressures, and do not set your minimum below that level. I think you will find the machine is much quicker to respond.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SleepRider. Here are some of the graphs again with the large thumbnail selected:

[Image: 8P6foTGl.png]

[Image: kfiskTyl.png]

[Image: AhIH7SFl.png]

[Image: HmyECsql.png]

[Image: c4a5MZFl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Jane, is this how your graphs look on sleepyhead? I've never seen graphs that are blacked out like that.

Although, I do agree that your minimum pressure is too low. Just from the little bit I can read, the min pressure should be no lower than 9cm.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 117 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 604 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,861 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Oscar- How it categorizes these nightly events... Reesche 0 260 11-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,017 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 509 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.