Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does anyone have an tips on self titration for the Resmed aircurve 10 ASV?
RE: Does anyone have an tips on self titration for the Resmed aircurve 10 ASV?
I think you continue to show improvement over the situation where we started, and the breathing flow rate looks normal and tidal volume has improved with increased PS min. I think you are getting closer to optimum settings for ASV, and you may want to experiment with small increases of PSMin and see where you are most comfortable. Increases should be 0.4 to 1.0. This is fine tuning, so less is more.

I previously suggested you fit the profile of someone that could use EERS with CPAP. I have edited the wiki to include the name of the physician and DME that fabricates EERS masks. You may want to use that information and request your doctor consult with Dr. Thomas, or consider having a mask made up and try CPAP. Im certain you can use CPAP with the EERS modification, and not have central apnea. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks for the feedback sleeprider. Do you think EERS treatment with CPAP will be superior to me using an ASV device? Also what do you think about the activity on the flow limitation graph and the awakenings?
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends.  If you found CPAP comfortable other than the centrals ti caused, then yes.  You have the best machine for complex apnea, but you need to tame the disruption.  I can't interpret the FL without a closeup, and arousals can also have different causes tht require up close examination.  You have zero events, and I suspect this is just a matter of adapting.  This looks as good as it gets from my non-USER point of view.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will go check out the read!
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it easy to get my hands on an EERS constructed mask? I see that you said Regional homecare has EERS cpap mask? I went on their website and couldn't find any. Do you have a link to EERS masks?
Post Reply Post Reply
The masks are custom made, and I have not personally called them. It would certainly require a phone call, and it could require a prescription. I just don't know. Foxfire has the inside info. Even if I had a link, the forum rules prohibit posting it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 80 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,363 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 318 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 584 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 211 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.