Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap Titration advice needed.
RE: Bipap Titration advice needed.
Since I'm of Italian descent, spaghetti is usually good lol. Hope you have it fixed.
I understand, fixed pressure will eliminate pressure changes and it will be less to deal with.I just got scared seeing central apneas on Vauto and S modes. I'm going to try 12/8 but I will need some ramp. It is uncomfortable at the start.  Thanks for all the support and the help. When I get to the point to sleep like I did in the morning today for longer periods, will be amazing. 
Thank you buddy,Wish good friday to all of you.
Post Reply Post Reply
ASV can do things with random events that bilevel and CPAP cannot, but it is worth looking at what those events are. You don't have central apnea, but if ASV pressure changes are not disruptive to your sleep, and it works for you, then I have no problem going that direction. A couple days ago, it looked like chaos, but your last session makes some sense. As you control positional apnea, we are basically starting over to see what works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to your input on positional apnea. Never heard about it.I worked on my pillow to make it seem like the cervical pillow that I'm getting to test.Every other test on ASV auto woke me up, because the pressure reach always reaches the highest settings allowed. In the morning, with my head almost fixed, my sleep was so good, I could not believe it, especially on ASVauto. In ASV auto, the person does not breathe, the bipap starts like a backup and pushes the air, starting at current pressure and going up each time it does not detect breathing up to max allowed on the formula EPAP + max PS. I believe when I choke up it senses lack of breathing, that can be obstruction or central and pushes the air as backup.In the morning I did not happen to have choke and that is what I believe is why I did not reach such high pressure and I could sleep without problems. Many times the pressure stayed at 5 or 6 ish, so It allowed more comfortable sleeping and reduced EPAP and IPAP whenever it was possible. It can identify other variables since it is constantly changing, I'm going to be using 12/8 tonight on Vauto.I'm going to post results tomorrow. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey buddies, last night.
Vauto fixed vs ASVauto. Not sure but my fixed pressure tests are not coming out good.

Is there any reason I'm always getting central apnea using fixed pressure on S or Vauto? My first polysomnography and the second with cpap titration that stopped at 13 (short period)  does not show central apneas.

Looks like constant pressure, even Autoset with pressure relief is causing it.

[Image: sdjVDKK.png]
[Image: j4NRVwu.png]
[Image: 1EoJsZT.png]
[Image: O7GFTwS.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
IYAM you got Mal Sueño.

And you can't fix Mal Sueño with a CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Although could also be Dormire Male.
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny, must be nightmares that is why I never remember them. 
Maybe once a year.
We have a sleeprider, I will change my nickname to zombiewalker.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad sleep encompasses a lot of things. It looks like your xPAP therapy is near flawless, but the issues are inability to take sleep; sustained wake periods in the middle of the night; and early awakenings with inability to fall back to sleep. All different forms of insomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is true as well. I do usually sleep and never feel rested. Then I drink a lot of coffee to compensate for bad sleep and it requires sleeping pills at night to fall asleep because I am overloaded with coffee. Ex wife and current girlfriend complained a lot about my snoring and choking sound so I need to sleep in a different room. I decided to go through polysomnography sleep study almost two months ago. Results came out 42 AIH, and 50 AHI. For the last 45 days trying to adapt to cpap, even before the titration results that came last week.  Since then it has been way worse except for a morning sleep that I rested for a little more than an hour and I'm trying to get the same rest for like 5 hours, If so it will be great.

Thanks for your input buddy.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://www.google.com/search?q=sleep+hy...nt=gws-wiz
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,104 5 hours ago
Last Post: jkossis
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 144 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 176 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,525 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.