Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap Titration advice needed.
RE: Bipap Titration advice needed.
(03-30-2022, 12:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: """ You are turning your sleep into a compulsive, anxiety problem, and you need to be in a different mind-set about sleep."""

You are correct about it. I tought I found the solution to my all day tiredness as many say cpap changed their lives for good. Instead, it made mine way way worse, if not looking at settings and data, trying to put the mask on. I woke up way better when I realized in the morning without a mask than in the middle of the night and put it back on many times. I just should be a more straightforward process. 
What are the suggestions for someone in two scenarios:

1) can't get used to a full face cpap mask.
2) can't get used to any mask

If lung disease is discarded, what else can I do? With those masks I've been more than 2 months in a row, the only day I got my record was at the farm last weekend. 4.5 hours. I tried to move as little as possible in the bed there. 
A Cervical pillow arrived today. Let's see. Not a collar, pillow that helps stabilize the head in supine position.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Buddies, 

Last night, I managed to sleep for 2.23 + 1.7. I tried to not care to fix the leak, just sleep with the mask with median tightness.
Looks like I had apneas when the leak was less, I would have expected the opposite.
12/8 did not prevent OA from happening according to the graph, especially at the end. I had a cervical pillow last night. It is good for supine, difficult to sleep on the side, and the mask hits the pillow. 
How can bipap titration be results be 10/6 if my current and previews graphs shows 12/8, or even 14 was not enough to prevent apneas?
I'm going to test my nasal mask and post results next week.
Thank you all.
[Image: fFuDMWE.png]

[Image: iptkumk.png]

[Image: TnGvnmO.png]

[Image: XPVI6co.png]

[Image: dPuW26x.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2022, 04:50 PM)amafra Wrote: How can bipap titration be results be 10/6 if my current and previews graphs shows 12/8, or even 14 was not enough to prevent apneas?

Oooh pick me!  Pick me!

I know this one!

Because you weren't sleeping!

And apneas won't count if the epoch is scored wake!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2022, 06:05 PM)Rubicon Wrote: Oooh pick me!  Pick me!

I know this one!

Because you weren't sleeping!

And apneas won't count if the epoch is scored wake!

I think my next attempt to sleep and keep the mask on will replace sleep medicine with a bottle of Jack Deniel's. 

Thank you, good insight. 
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL, Juan Epstein (Kotter reference) wins another question of the day.

I endorse JD as an effective sedative, but recommend you stay away from the aguardente.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol, good reference.
JD is probably best shot, taste good and probably the only thing that will help the mask stay put. May test tonight.
Regular sleep medicine isn't working.
[Image: dY90MKf.png]
[Image: T7WFmmZ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey buddies,

I tried an hour nap, I know my head position was not good because of the long pillow I used where I'm today. I believe it reinforces the idea of positional apnea hypothesis or any other disease. 
Checking preview data, it seems very inconsistent, sometimes I can have 8/6 and no apneas, other times 12/8, 14/10. Apneas vs pressure battle are all over the place.  

For example last night Min EPAP 8, PS 4, MaxIPAP 15 max yield to 4.39 AHI, now on my nap when I expected results to repeat, the opposite happens,  a high AHI of 35.20 even on little leak, aerophagia increased.
The SD Card link in case anyone would like to see what happens.
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I got nothin' man. If I can't make any progress on a problem after nearly 130 posts, I'm out of solutions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand and agree Sleeprider.
I Hope I can join a success story at some point. I appreciated all the time spent troubleshooting my graphs and for all knowledgeable insights. 
Thank you all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey buddies,Quick update on my cpap battle. After trying to get used to it, especially my inability to keep the mask on for more than 2 hours, my latest attempt mostly results in 59 minutes, 80 minutes and so on. 
After reading SarcasticDave94, DaveL and CrimsonNape, Sleeprider  takes on Evora Full Face and other posts,  I decide to give it a try again. When I put the mask on I fell, damm , what a mistake, it leaks too much. There is no way it will work. I recalled the comment of  CrimsonNape related to making straps be loose and let it inflate and adjust after.
After following adjustment tips, at the time I went to sleep the leak was 0. I could not believe it. I could not get a low leak with F20 ( airfit and airtouch), nor resmed Quattro Mirage.
I had an impressive 7 hours and 52 minutes of sleep. I somehow confirm two points here, one is sleep hygiene is needed, I had to fake using a rivotril, I tried with Mirage and it did not work ( 59 minutes sleep with a mask), second is that I can't get used to wearing a big full face mask, evora seams to be very good, I will buy N30I and P30I as well to test.  I would like to thank everyone for all the time spent here. I do still have positional apnea to be fixed.
I very much appreciate for all intake from past posts.
Regards

[Image: YTjwkZY.png]
[Image: oA3JYmd.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,834 9 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,529 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.