Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap machine says Blower Off and wont come on
Sad 
Bipap machine says Blower Off and wont come on
I am really desperate for some help. My bipap machine which I have owned for about 8 years has been putting out less pressure and I am on vacation a long way from home and last night was not able to breathe to sleep with the machine.

It sounded like the fan was whirring slightly and you could feel that the pressure was not that great - it has been a few years since a sleep study but I believe my pressure at that time was set at 21/24. I am not sure if that is the right order.

My husband thought that it sounded as if something was clogged and decided to take out the screws and open it up. The foam inside is definitely dusty and we tried to clean it up some but when we put it back together, the blower will not come on at all.

It says "Blower not on" and I don't know what to do, I am so tired and am 900 miles from home and really want to be able to sleep,

If there anyone that knows why this might have happened or how to fix it?

This machine is a model #1007216
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bipap machine says Blower Off and wont come on
If the blower was working before you took it apart, then there's probably an open circuit somewhere. I would take it apart again and see if you can find the loose connection.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kidden6968,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Sleepster said.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I read suggestions to those who might experience power failure and that sleeping in a recliner (maybe in a bed with your head elevated) could help when a machine cannot be used. Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked the filter on the back?

However, it sounds like hubby broke something when he opened it up. It's very possible something is unplugged. Also look for air connections with some little clear plastic silicone rubber parts that have to mate together when you put parts back together. On some modes there are air sensors on the circuit boards with little silicone rubber fittings that mate with the air path when you reassemble things.

Also look for tubing that got disconnected.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,368 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,884 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,209 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 552 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 715 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.