Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap titration?
RE: Bipap titration?
(12-28-2018, 08:33 PM)Michaely6 Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 07:36 PM)Walla Walla Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 07:25 PM)Michaely6 Wrote: Will flow limitations always knock you into a lighter sleep stage and do they always cause an arousal?

No not always. I found what usually woke me up was the mask leaks I would get from the pressuring increasing as a result of flow limitations. Most people here allow a range so the machine can react to events. But for myself once I found the pressures that worked for me, I sleep better by using fixed pressures with enough pressure support to knock down most flow limitation. Another approach is to just use a narrow range of pressure to avoid high pressure increase.

When you say that you use fix pressure with enough pressure support are you saying that you use your aircurve vauto in S Mode? If so, why do you think fixed pressure works better for you compared to VAuto mode?

First I want to say I agree Sleeprider about finding what works for you. Everyone reacts differently to treatment.  Now the reason I use fixed pressures, which pretty much is the same as S-mode, is I wake up well rested. I used fixed pressures in auto mode because in S-mode you don't get data on flow limitation. I used a ranges of pressures for about a year and decided to try fixed pressures after I had slowly narrowed the pressure range down. I found that with the few events I was getting, they would clear up without the pressure increasing. Since the pressure increasing seemed to wake me up I switched to the fixed pressures and found I was getting better quality sleep throughout the night.
I have no idea if that would work for you or not. The key for me was finding the proper pressure support and minimum pressure required.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bipap titration?
Thank you both sleeprider and Walla for your input as always!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,143 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 154 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 150 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 187 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 376 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 241 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.