Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bite Guard for Mouth Breathing
(11-27-2016, 11:50 PM)Galactus Wrote: So? How goes? Inquiring minds want to know Big Grin
I heard back from ZYPPAH's customer service. They thought it could work. But my mouth is super small, my dentist has to use children's bitewings. So they are sending me a list of dentists in my area who would check the fit at no cost.

Due to Thanksgiving I haven't done anything more than some reading/Googling. The other two that sound interesting are sold in the UK. Most of the ones in the US advertise that they either hold your mouth open or have extra large breathing holes to accommodate mouth breathing. If I find one that I want to try I would have to seal the hole shut.

I found a mouth taping product that doesn't cover your lips. It is U shaped and goes from under your cheek bones, around your mouth and under your chin. They have three different strengths of tape. Of course that is also made in the UK.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been reading a book by Dr Mark Burhene , The 8-Hour Sleep Paradox: How We Are Sleeping Our Way to Fatigue, Disease and Unhappiness. He talked about using a MAD in conjunction with CPAP to improve therapy. The MAD keeps the airway from collapsing, allowing the machine to function more efficiently thereby improving the arousal rate. Helps the person obtain better sleep quality.

Perhaps this could help with arousals caused by RERAs and FLs?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did anyone find anything? There is one called Somnipax Shield. Costs $83 US with free shipping. I am hoping to find a less expensive option.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Treating Sleep Apnea with just Mouth Appliance and Back Exercises pbklink 1 20 29 minutes ago
Last Post: Walla Walla
  What are these breathing patterns? yrnkrn 10 467 12-06-2017, 02:46 AM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  which setting helps with mouth puffs? Help me 7 265 11-29-2017, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Unconscious failure to mouth breathe Wellington 1 125 11-27-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Stopping breathing on exhale I_will_never_sleep_again 7 302 11-27-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: I_will_never_sleep_again
  Does your brain learn not to mouth breathe? HalfAsleep 42 1,632 11-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Difficulty Breathing GoneFission 8 325 11-26-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore