Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bizarre Sleepyhead Reading for Flow Limitation
Bizarre Sleepyhead Reading for Flow Limitation
I slept right through last night. This is the SH reading.

According to this I DIED more than once! I've got a brand new Remstar 60 Series Auto. I strongly suspect that that when I organised the settings I got something very wrong. Could it be the mask settings? The previous night also showed FL gaps but not as big.

Sleepyhead said I only had the mask on for 4-5 hours.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419...bwummr.png
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bizarre Sleepyhead Reading for Flow Limitation
Stuffy nose? Auto-on, auto-off enabled on your machine? I also have a nasal mask and discovered recently that when my nose gets stuffy at night, I will tongue-seal off my nose and breathe though my mouth. I don't have auto-off enabled, so the machine scores it as a really, really long obstructive apnea. If auto-off is enabled, the machine would turn off and then turn back on again when you started getting airflow through your nose. Look at the bottom on the left, does it show many sessions?

That is my best theory on a single cup of coffee!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, this thought occurred to me this morning in the shower. It never happened on the S9 rental machine but then again, I have yet to get the auto off to turn off after I remove the mask with the Remstar.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I suppose this also means that treatment stopped at the points where the gaps in the airflow are.

Tonight I will disable auto off and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I disabled auto off and replaced the power cord. Got 8.3 hours of sleep, divided into 14 separate sessions. The breaks between the sessions were very short so at least I'm getting eight hours of therapy. However, it is interrupted. Do I have faulty machine? It's brand new.

Here are last nights results.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419...bpwxfc.png

Post Reply Post Reply
It may be a SleepyHead bug.

This is easy enough to check. Download Encore Basic and compare graphs. See if Encore shows the same breaks in graphs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Holden. 14 sessions? Do you mean that the machine shut off and restarted that many times? Were you aware of the machine turning off at any time during the night?

Have you tried purging SH data and rebuilding?

If you hide the pie chart in "Preferences", the sessions data will show up on a screenshot.

This is very interesting. Smile

(07-24-2016, 04:26 AM)holden4th Wrote: Last night I disabled auto off and replaced the power cord. Got 8.3 hours of sleep, divided into 14 separate sessions. The breaks between the sessions were very short so at least I'm getting eight hours of therapy. However, it is interrupted. Do I have faulty machine? It's brand new.

Here are last nights results.

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419...bpwxfc.png

Post Reply Post Reply
Holden4th,

If you put your photobucket URL between image tags it will appear inline. Like:
Code:
[img]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/holden4th/screenshot-20160724-184510_zps8lbpwxfc.png [/img]

will give you:
[Image: screenshot-20160724-184510_zps8lbpwxfc.png]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Holden,

If you turned off auto start (or whatever it's called) and SH reports 14 sessions in one night, you might want to show that report to your DME provider and ask to be switched to a new machine with zero hrs on it.

Then you'd be able to see whether a new machine solves the problem.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 5 52 1 minute ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 238 35 minutes ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 305 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,608 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.