Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bizarre exhalation patterns
RE: Bizarre exhalation patterns
Thanks Cathy - I have been following along your thread, which is partly what encouraged me to post it.

I saw that on literally my last ever session, in the last ten minutes on my AirSense 10 Autoset. So far I haven't spotted it in the ASV data, but honestly, I'm feeling like garbage right now while things get adjusted so I haven't done a lot of looking. But I am going to go back and check more of my "triplefastbreathing" areas. They stand out like a sore thumb on my charts on CPAP, but there's definitely a subtle "speeding up" period still on the ASV data.

Geer - Yes, sorry, you're right that I think there was potentially an arousal earlier, but I thought you mean awake awake, not brief-arousal-awake. The first odd breath was definitely a few breaths before the string of them and then they just went nuts.

Once I don't feel quite so cruddy, I'll go back and see if that cropped up elsewhere. If nothing else, it gives another datapoint for the hypothesizing. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bizarre exhalation patterns
Also the fact that this often seems to be bracketed by arousals is what's making me think that it's positional -- I'm moving into a bad position, all hell breaks loose, I move out, it all calms down.

Actually, going back over the data, a frequent pattern is that I get a cluster of events leading into it. So it's more that I get myself into chin tucking, and then move out of chin tucking into whatever position causes this.

And maybe also relevant -- I have this vague sense that somewhere in here I'm remembering that I was contorting my neck, wriggling my face, etc trying to stop mask leaks at some points, but I have no way to place those vague memories in time, and can't even be sure that they happened at all. But I do wonder if the positional stuff is sometimes me reacting to something that the mask is doing.

Going back to the "everything is too d*** big" problem, I do definitely drop my chin and bend my neck to shift the tension of the headgear straps and seal up leaks when I'm awake. Who knows what kind of trouble I am making for myself if I'm doing that while asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,172 10 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 99 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 113 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Strange dry mouth patterns bbbl67 2 405 11-25-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: bbbl67
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 558 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  Frustrating new sleep patterns - the good and the bad rebean 2 624 09-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: brmage

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.