Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Blather, clicking knees and Hi Herbm!
Peter is out of surgery. I don't know any more than that at this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just received my arrival time: 10am (presumably for a 12pm surgery).

Less than ideal news -- the odds of my getting out of there *tomorrow* just went WAY down. I really wanted the 8am surgery slot.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Got this email reply from Peter:

Peter_C Wrote:pain is 7
cant use left arm or hand. am hoping and hurting in a sling, feel free to tell others
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Peter_C Wrote:pain is 7
cant use left arm or hand. am hoping and hurting in a sling, feel free to tell others

will be a rough night this first one with pain levels that high and on pain medications that just aren't quite good enough .. they never give you enough to complete get rid of the pain .. his centrals will be on the rise tonight ..

herb will be in the same situation tomorrow night also but a different body part will be hurting ..
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't count on me being less than comfortable -- it might happen but it's not a sure thing.

Peter was worried about me, but he is the one having it bad and he deserves so much better for all he has already endured.

While I don't expect tomorrow to be AS EASY as when the hip was replace, all of the tricks available are martialed and ready.

I plan to thoroughly enjoy the entire process and still haven't given up completely on walking out of there tomorrow.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
HerbM-Bilateral-Total-Knee-Replacement-surgery-Oct-21st-2014

WOW!!!

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...4#pid88094

Please post a reply in my Post-Op thread or explicitly mark it for notification IF you have an interest.

Thanks for all the kind wishes!
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply

Is there any more news on Peter_C since the report of pain at 7?
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
Changed my plan and decided to stay a 3rd night in hospital and probably going to inpatient rehab for a few more days.

Walkig well with 2 canes or even one, but soreness is (hopefully) peakng now.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
Any word yet on Peter other then the first report ??
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-23-2014, 12:02 PM)Whitewabit Wrote: Any word yet on Peter other then the first report ??

I haven't heard anything other than his first email to me after surgery. I suspect he has more pressing issues than to hang out on the Interwebz. If anyone hears anything please post.

Now as for Herb - well, he's an Interwebz junkie. I suspect he made sure the hospital had good quality WiFi before he agreed to go in for his surgery. Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HerbM Bilateral Total KNEE Replacement surgery Oct 21st, 2014 -- WOW! herbm 127 13,303 12-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Last Post: herbm
  Anyone heard from Herbm? justMongo 22 3,927 08-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Last Post: herbm