Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bleep, Bleep
Bleep, Bleep
Anyone with experience using the Bleep DreamPorts mask?
I've used it for only one night ( last night ) .. OSCAR says I had minimal leaks and only one AHI .. so from that point of view it was a success..
However, it sounded and felt like I had leaks all night long .. noise, whistling, and air blowing around.. so I didn't sleep well at all, as it kept waking me up.
any suggestions as I really want this mask to work for me,.

thanks
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bleep, Bleep
My sister has been happy with them. Cleaning skin oil and drying your skin is critical for proper adhesion.
Post Reply Post Reply
As LindanHotAir said, cleaning the skin first makes a big difference in holding the seal. I use alcohol wipes.
Also, I’ve found that moisture in the mask can make the vents (and swivel) whistle sometimes. Touching the vent seems to let out the moisture, and moving the swivel around a little helps too.

Mostly I do not experience leaks and noise. I’ve been using the Bleep mask since the beginning of July. I love it.

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Does your dreamway interface have the little black bikini thing that holds two tiny filters in place? If not, that's what you want, because it cuts way down on the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Bleep and it is very quiet. Like Dormeo mentioned, the little black bikini thing holds the little diffuser filters in place. Without it I can imagine additional noise. Also, make certain your nose area is super clean (use witch hazel on a cotton pad). I also make sure I blow my nose before applying the DreamPorts. I had one night where I got a tad lazy and one port started to peel off resulting in noise and minor leaking. Bleep has been a wonderful solution for me and I hope it works well for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s been a learning curve for me. I’ve been using Bleep for about 3 months now, and still have to discard a few that were improperly placed and leaked.  I watched Stuart’s (the CEO) training videos where he suggested cutting off the tip of the tape.  I did that for quite a while until discovering that I get a much better seal by leaving it in place.  In any case, be sure to test the seal of the tape to the skin as well as the seal between the connection of the ports and the short hose by plugging the end of the hose and exhaling through the nose. I just place the end of the short hose somewhere against my arm or belly and any leaks will be fairly obvious.

Good luck!  I went from the P10 to the P30i before trying Bleep, and regardless of my trials with Bleep I have no desire to return to either of the Resmed masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks
I'm thinking my leaks are not from the adhesive, but elsewhere in one of the connectors .. 

when you test for leakage.. how do you tell the difference between a leak and air blowing through the vent holes?

and do you have any noise associated with the vent holes?
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2022, 10:24 AM)cberistain Wrote: when you test for leakage.. how do you tell the difference between a leak and air blowing through the vent holes?

I put my hands up to my face and feel for where air currents exist.  In the beginning (or a new mask) the little noises and air currents were from the mask not being completely snapped to the dreamports.  I have to listen for three tiny clicks as I connect, otherwise I know I'm likely to have a leak there.

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
It's weird, sometimes I can hear 3 clicks too, sometimes 4 clicks, sometimes just 2. By blocking the short hose as described, I can hear the passage of air on whichever side I didn't fasten completely. When everything is right, there's no noise when I do the test, and the sides of my nose puff out a little bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like Dormeo, if the sides of my nose puff out a bit, I’m good. I’m not using as much force as I could, and only enough to determine if the steady pressure I’m exerting maintains the puffy nose pose without noise or deflating.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 983 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help with pressure change using Bleep Kathy14225 17 1,182 12-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Bleep Mask paulag1955 12 1,445 12-12-2023, 09:54 AM
  Bleep Eclipse Problem Steptoe 4 1,101 12-12-2023, 08:59 AM
  Bleep Eclipse DME Provider corgan115 10 2,274 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 989 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Starting Bleep (Dreamports) and need help! Kathy14225 11 1,769 10-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: GaspForAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.