Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bleep Peeps Please Help
Bleep Peeps Please Help
I have been successfully using My Bleep equipment for about four months, and now suddenly I have a problem I cannot seem to solve. For four or five days I have not been able to successfully connect the right nostril DreamPort into the DreamWay unit. I snap the DreamPorts into the DreamWay part as usual, and test it by covering the end of the hose and blowing. But when I attach to the pap machine and the air starts I can hear and feel a lot of leakage coming out of the right side of the right nostril connection, not up where the tape is connected to the nose, but down where the port is connected to the DreamWay.

I thought maybe the DreamWay unit had somehow become damaged, so last night I used the brand new one I had received but not used yet. The same thing happened. I wondered if I had a damaged box of DreamPorts, but the left nostril is always connected well and does not leak. Also the leak is always only on the right side of that right nostril, not on the left side of that port at all.

Any ideas of what I should try now? Should I maybe try snapping it in using needle nose pliers? I just don't know. I love the Bleep system, and I really want to continue using it.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bleep Peeps Please Help
Have you asked your question in the Bleep forum accessible from the Bleep site? Link removed.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Try connecting the other port first it maybe your twisting things when connecting so try connecting the right nostril first rather than the left one
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2020, 12:46 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: Have you asked your question in the Bleep forum accessible from the Bleep site?  Link Removed

No, but I will.

"Try connecting the other port first it maybe your twisting things when connecting so try connecting the right nostril first rather than the left one."  - Jaswilliams

I do that lots of times.  It makes no difference.

Thanks to both of you.  I did attach it with needle nose pliers last night, and it did work.  I don't know if that's the best thing to do, but until I learn something better, I'll continue doing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Play with it on a table with last night's ports after you've taken them off so you can see what's happening with it. The port should insert and latch with the port end pressed against the rubber piece inside to seal.
Make sure the little "arms" that you press to release the port are properly aligned. The outside "arm" should be between the two little nubs on the body of the mask to keep them from rotating. I've heard of folks twisting the latch to where those "arms" were on top of one of those nubs preventing that latch from engaging properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies! For several nights I had to use the needle nose pliers, then last night I was able to get them in properly by hand. I don't know why I had trouble after four months with no trouble, but now I just keep the pliers handy and use them when needed.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 980 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help with pressure change using Bleep Kathy14225 17 1,182 12-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Bleep Mask paulag1955 12 1,444 12-12-2023, 09:54 AM
  Bleep Eclipse Problem Steptoe 4 1,100 12-12-2023, 08:59 AM
  Bleep Eclipse DME Provider corgan115 10 2,271 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 989 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Starting Bleep (Dreamports) and need help! Kathy14225 11 1,767 10-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: GaspForAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.