Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] What Part is Going Bad in My Machine ?
RE: What Part is Going Bad in My Machine ?
It was the one featuring the lunar wain shaft that was simply configured with six hydrocoptic marzel vanes so that side fumbling was effectively eliminated.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2019, 10:59 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I've heard that there was a lot number of those units that had faulty turbo-encabulators.  Probably need to have that serviced, but I don't know if you can find on still out there  They're becoming kind of rare.

I've found the model with the Rockwell Retroencabulator to be more reliable due to the Tremmy Pipe interaction with the Dinglesprocket.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I first saw that model, i worried that it may not prove consistent re: the automatic synchronization of the cardinal gram meters. Has that been worked out or is there still concern there?
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2019, 09:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 08:50 PM)PhoenixRising Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 08:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Missed the photo! That is something you might want to put in the profile. The Auto SV Advanced will be worth the repair. This is probably the "pneumatic block" or the fan. It's an expensive repair, but much less than a replacement. Make a call to  and they will provide an estimate for repairs.

Will do!

Murrysville eh ??  Cool  My wife worked at the McDonalds there back in 1982. I grew up in Greensburg. My wife is from Salem Twp ... William Penn Estates right off Rt 22 at 819. Real close to that huge gas pipeline explosion a couple years ago. She had family in Murrysville, Level Green and Trafford. I have a brother in Export.  Smile 

I've seen Respironics is located there as well.

If you find yourself back in town with your wife, a date a Olives and Peppers restaurant would be a good idea. Smile

Just sayin', I'd skip the McDonald's. but we have a dozen or so worthwhile places...the Respironics guys hang out at the Helltown Brewery in Export (formerly Rivertowne). We'll have to check that out for sure.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2019, 08:49 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: It was the one featuring the lunar wain shaft that was simply configured with six hydrocoptic marzel vanes so that side fumbling was effectively eliminated.

Ah YES ! The TURBO- ENCABULATOR !

Here's one of my favorite YouTube videos of all time of an Engineer explaining (in great detail) just how it works !! Enjoy !

Someone forward this to the Respironics folks. They are sure to get a kick out of it too !  Big Grin Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag
Post Reply Post Reply
Way awesome.

Imagine doing that spiel without a teleprompter. (I don't know whether he used one or not, but either way it's impressive.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2019, 10:00 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: Way awesome.

Imagine doing that spiel without a teleprompter.

Lol ! I know ! 

Here's an another Versions of this same Engineer explaining it in even more detail !

This would be a great video to play at party ! Lol !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjcJp_Nwvk
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2019, 10:59 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I've heard that there was a lot number of those units that had faulty turbo-encabulators.  Probably need to have that serviced, but I don't know if you can find on still out there  They're becoming kind of rare.

Does anyone have pictures/schematics of this part and where I can buy it ?

I know an excellent Electronics/PC Tech that does micro-soldering.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,418 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,417 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 343 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Alternative Part? sambo42xa 1 431 08-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: sambo42xa
  Need help with part identity F&P Icon Novo Vsidles 2 385 05-03-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Vsidles
  AirCurve 10 - Where does leftover part go? markc1117 4 736 11-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: markc1117
  Airsense 10 motor replacement part TYPHOONBOB 7 17,978 09-22-2022, 05:21 AM
Last Post: vk3hjq

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.