Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bleep Sleep System (No straps/headgear)
RE: Bleep Sleep System (No straps/headgear)
(02-13-2019, 05:18 PM)Dreaming1 Wrote: ... Next is the irritation in my nostrils from nasal pillows, particularly new ones. Can barely stand that.

Then why use a P10? Why torture yourself? There is an alternative nas-pil mask that has no hard lumps.

Sometimes it seems to me that P10 users who are pained by the stupid thing must not have enough sense to come in out of the rain.

The Emperor P10 has no clothes.

OK, getting back to the topic at hand: I want a mask with no straps and no headgear, and I want it to hold on to my nostrils using only gravitational waves. Is that product being developed by Bleep even as we speak?
Post Reply Post Reply
After about a month a new mask is broke in and doesn’t hurt like a new one. I make a new mask last a year, knotting up the headgear over and over until it can’t be used. I like a very flimsy nasal pillow silicone. Other things about it offer upside, so I live with the other sh*t until it’s servicable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2019, 06:36 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:18 PM)Dreaming1 Wrote: ... Next is the irritation in my nostrils from nasal pillows, particularly new ones. Can barely stand that.

Then why use a P10?  Why torture yourself?  There is an alternative nas-pil mask that has no hard lumps.

Sometimes it seems to me that P10 users who are pained by the stupid thing must not have enough sense to come in out of the rain.

OK, getting back to the topic at hand:  I want a mask with no straps and no headgear, and I want it to hold on to my nostrils using only gravitational waves.  Is that product being developed by Bleep even as we speak?

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2019, 07:55 PM)Dreaming1 Wrote: After about a month a new mask is broke in and doesn’t hurt like a new one. I make a new mask last a year, knotting up the headgear over and over until it can’t be used. I like a very flimsy nasal pillow silicone. Other things about it offer upside, so I live with the other sh*t until it’s servicable.

The Brevida has the ultimate in very flimsy nasal pillow silicone: no hard lumps. Also, I don't see how the P10's headgear (backstrap) can be considered an upside; unlike the Brevida's (which is also only a single split backstrap), it's not adjustable except with the kluge-clips, and it must be replaced (or boiled) when it has stretched too much. The Brevida's has elastic and velcro and lasts many times longer.

From folks' comments here on AB, I know of only two contra-indications for the Brevida: (1) mustache; (2) broken nose, or bent nose, or otherwise deviated/damaged septum.

I have a P10, I've tried it, and it was a waste of money AFAIC.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2019, 07:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 06:36 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:

Then why use a P10?  Why torture yourself?  There is an alternative nas-pil mask that has no hard lumps.

OK, getting back to the topic at hand:  I want a mask with no straps and no headgear, and I want it to hold on to my nostrils using only gravitational waves.  Is that product being developed by Bleep even as we speak?

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

LOL!
I was one with the collective, but my link was severed by the Aloha.

I'm not sure if I have more masks than I have CCW holsters...  and like I always go back to my Vedder holsters, I always went back to the P10.
But after going to the Aloha in mid-December, I have not gone back.
It has all of the advantages of the P10 pillows, though they are a bit firmer, and all of the advantages of a regular, adjustable, 3-point headgear system.

The one problem is the elbow vent is of the old type that blows a lot of air...  irritating to a bed partner, and loud if it happens to blow into a pillow or sheet.
I fixed that by hot-gluing a postage-stamp sized piece of filter material over the vent.
I've been using it every night since then, and it is still comfortable, and leakage is pretty consistently low.  Every now and then, I'll shift my head and push it to the side and get leaks, but the P10 was so hit and miss that the only thing I could positively define was that I absolutely WOULD get serious leaks if I tried to go over 30 days on one pillow.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 06:58 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: Good evening friends,

Just ran across this. Not FDA approved yet, but boy, does it look promising:

https://bleepsleep.com/#dreamport

A girl can dream....

Take a look at the reviews thread over on cpap talk... After using a preview copy for the last couple weeks, I'd have to say the promises are fulfilled.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2019, 04:52 PM)palerider Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:58 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: Good evening friends,

Just ran across this. Not FDA approved yet, but boy, does it look promising:

https://bleepsleep.com/#dreamport

A girl can dream....

Take a look at the reviews thread over on cpap talk... After using a preview copy for the last couple weeks, I'd have to say the promises are fulfilled.

Curious what the costs on the "Dreamport" are.
New pair needed every night/session.
That's going to add up.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it looks strange and just looking at it makes my nose get twitchy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it looks strange and just looking at it makes my nose get twitchy.
Post Reply Post Reply
It makes me think of the John Cleese song "I've Got a Ferret Sticking Up My Nose".

Anyway, Bleep is missing a big part of the perfect mask solution. Eliminating the headgear is a step in the right direction, but what about that pesky air hose? I want my CPAP air delivered virtually rather than physically. There must be an app for that.

BTW, browsing the company's web site, I also have to wonder which four-letter word has been bleeped out. Is it "swut"? Or "turlingdrome"? Or "belgium"?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 72 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Does anyone like the Bleep Dreamport better then the Eclipse? desm0nd 6 2,345 04-19-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 362,463 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,844 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 149 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 414 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 536 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.