Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean
Sad 
Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean
hello Friends,
I wake up and my Airsense 10 machine has a
Blinking red light near the SD card slot I don't
Really have a Clinition can anyone tell me what that blinking
Red light means sometimes it blinks green to please
Can someone help thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean
My guess would be it is reading or writing to the card? Wake up like after your sleep session, and you have turned the machine off?
Post Reply Post Reply
No it only blinks when the machines on and red
In every other area of life means danger like red traffic lights' stop signs
Smoke alarms so I hope someone can tell me what it means only Machine thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine did that when I forgot to take of the write protection after I had read the data into my computer for SleepyHead. It also did when a second Resmed sourced card stopped being writable for mo discernible reason. So I think it likely means that there is a problem with the SD card. Try reading it with your computer and if you can do that copy all the files over to your hard drive or another SD card. Then see if you can reformat the card using your computer.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2015, 08:20 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Mine did that when I forgot to take of the write protection after I had read the data into my computer for SleepyHead. It also did when a second Resmed sourced card stopped being writable for mo discernible reason. So I think it likely means that there is a problem with the SD card. Try reading it with your computer and if you can do that copy all the files over to your hard drive or another SD card. Then see if you can reformat the card using your computer.
Thanks I will
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2015, 08:20 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: Mine did that when I forgot to take of the write protection after I had read the data into my computer for SleepyHead.

Reading that, I had a horrible thought and went and checked mine. 'Tis OK it is not still locked. BUT when I reinserted it a red light blinked for a second, which I assume is an activity light. With the cover closed firmly there is no way you would see this however.
Post Reply Post Reply
your write a simple answer thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s in the manual, page 10, which warns to not remove the SD card when light flashes as data is being written to it. This is the purpose of the light. Don’t read too much into the colour of the light. It’s probably just red because it’s saying DO NOT REMOVE.

Additionally, the manual states that the ONLY purpose for the SD card is that sometimes people need an alternative method of providing their sleep data to their health professional/s. Most people have their data connect wirelessly to their phone and app. Generally, the SD card is entirely unnecessary so don’t stress about anything to do with it. It’s A-okay.

Btw, I created an account here just to say all of that which was such a nuisance - they require so much indormation and force you to verify before you can use the site, so annoying. Anyway, I hope at least one person finds my comment helpful as no one above seemed 100% confident about their answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card is useful in that it stores the sleep data to use with the free program OSCAR. Not at all useless. And so sorry creating accounts here is a nuisance for you. For those that need Apnea assistance, however, this supposed nuisance was worth it. Have a wonderful day.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PresKen, welcome to Apnea Board. You found a thread that is 8-1/2 years old, but your information was good and I'm sure heartfelt. The real reason people use a SD card in their devices is because there is a much more complete way to look at your data than MyAir, by using OSCAR (Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter). Sorry setting up an account was inconvenient, but it's there to prevent spam on the forum. Now that you're a member, I hope you make good use of what we have to offer, and continue helping other members.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,074 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,173 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] I think my ResMed Airsense 10 machine is faulty – Can any one please help . BangkokBoy 13 1,969 09-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 353 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,103 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.