Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Bloated Stomach/ Air swallowing
If you have the AirSense 10 Autoset the preceding recommendations for resetting your pressure range would be advisable and one other thing that may help would be to set the EPR to 3.

I have an S9 VPAP Auto that I was using in the bilevel mode at 20 cm/H2O IPAP pressure, 16 cm/H2O EPAP pressure. When I began to suspect aerophagia (pain in the stomach in the morning) I switched to auto mode with settings of min EPAP=14.0, max IPAP=20.6, PS=4. The Pressure Support of 4 gives me the same difference between IPAP and EPAP pressures as when using in the bilevel mode. These changes reduced my average pressure through the night and improved my aerophagia.

This is the reason that I feel that changing to EPR=3 may help if it is not already there. It would reduce your average pressure without materially affecting your obstructive events. May or may not be enough to solve the problem but worth a try in my opinion.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
08-13-2015 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Judy1843 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Model 37028
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10
Humidifier: Humidity Level 4 Ramp off
CPAP Pressure: 7-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Amara View and DreamWear Nasal

Sex: Female

(08-13-2015 11:14 AM)PaytonA Wrote:  If you have the AirSense 10 Autoset the preceding recommendations for resetting your pressure range would be advisable and one other thing that may help would be to set the EPR to 3.

I have an S9 VPAP Auto that I was using in the bilevel mode at 20 cm/H2O IPAP pressure, 16 cm/H2O EPAP pressure. When I began to suspect aerophagia (pain in the stomach in the morning) I switched to auto mode with settings of min EPAP=14.0, max IPAP=20.6, PS=4. The Pressure Support of 4 gives me the same difference between IPAP and EPAP pressures as when using in the bilevel mode. These changes reduced my average pressure through the night and improved my aerophagia.

This is the reason that I feel that changing to EPR=3 may help if it is not already there. It would reduce your average pressure without materially affecting your obstructive events. May or may not be enough to solve the problem but worth a try in my opinion.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Payton you are so right! EPR was changed to 3 and all is good! Just wish I would have had this info 8 month's ago!
08-13-2015 04:34 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

(08-13-2015 04:34 PM)Judy1843 Wrote:  Payton you are so right! EPR was changed to 3 and all is good! Just wish I would have had this info 8 month's ago!

Sometimes the problem just goes away on its own, but if it persists a bi-level machine will allow you to increase the pressure support above 3.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-13-2015 04:55 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Difficulty swallowing and singing giftofsleep 6 407 09-29-2016 05:23 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Swallowing air: does a FFM help in preventing it? Snurkel 2 316 07-23-2016 08:04 AM
Last Post: Snurkel
  bloated feeling bigcat 3 416 05-25-2016 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Stomach Sleeper - Can't Sleep SleepyGuy101 12 1,311 03-31-2016 12:52 PM
Last Post: NovaSleep
  Exhalation Apnea and air in the stomach Ryleigh 3 592 02-15-2016 03:47 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Gross Possibly a silly question.. Air in stomach movement? ezdrifler 4 751 01-28-2016 10:58 PM
Last Post: ezdrifler
  Stomach Sleepers with SleepyHead Software stcrim 6 952 01-27-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike