Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Blood Pressure
for those of you who had your blood pressure go down, how long did it take until you saw a difference? Did it go down much? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
mine has not gone down at all and my water retention has gotten worse, so i guess i am lucky it hasnt gone up! I have been on cpap for 8 months.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have high blood pressure. However, the pamphlet given out by the sleep clinic mentions that improvements in such things as blood pressure may take as long as 6 months to a year to show up (if cpap has any effect). There are a lot of variables as high blood pressure can be multi-causal. Some of the studies showed improvements at a 12 week checkup. Hope this helps. I know we all keep hoping for near instant-cure, but that doesn't appear to happen for most of us.
Post Reply Post Reply

Nothing definitive, but I gave blood a couple of weeks ago, and my numbers were both down by 10 points. Just one data point so I'm not sure yet. Just past 2 months of treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the whole, it will depend on what factors are causing your elevated blood pressure - if an interrupted sleep pattern is the only cause, then it will lower itself as the brain adjusts to the new state. If there are other reasons (weight, salt, stress, diet, cardiac insufficiency, thyroid or circulatory disease, etc) then it will not resolve itself over time, as the other factors are the main trigger. Idiopathic causes are indeterminate in resolution in relation to CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elevated Red Blood Cell Count and Apnea KatieClark 2 155 03-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 2,047 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 556 10-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
  Blood Pressure Stories cands 10 976 09-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Timur
  How long until changes in blood tests or medications? NorthernGuy 11 1,042 09-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Question Low Oxygen, Low Red Blood cell count and Low T kwhenrykerr 0 362 07-21-2016, 04:11 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Lower max pressure affecting pressure increases Rcgop 9 929 07-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Last Post: green wings