Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Question
ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Question
Last night was my 4th night on APAP, I had been doing well the previous 3 nights except I had a nasal mask and I am a mouth breather. (AH of between 2 and 3). I had asked DME for a full face mask but they could not get it to me until the 4th night so I used a makeshift chin strap 3rd night and it was a good night, I just don't like the strap. They gave me a small mask (Airfit F10) I told them I think I need a medium but they insisted this was the right size. I had a terrible night last night I think it was because the mask was too small. When I would open my mouth the mask was so short the bottom of it would end up in my mouth, meaning leak, wake up again, etc. Happened many times and my AH was 9. I did realize this morning I did not reset my Resmed S10 to full face mask from nasal mask, does this make a difference or do you think my bad night was due to the small mask? I am even more irritated now (mostly due to lack of sleep) because it is the start to a long weekend and now I am stuck with a small mask.

I appreciate this site, I was well prepared for my first night because of all I had read here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Question
Small mask is your issue. The difference between S, M and L mask is the height. It increase by 1 cm per size.
The machine setting relates more to the machine knowing the mask vent rate for leakage calculations.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2015, 09:48 AM)justMongo Wrote: Small mask is your issue. The difference between S, M and L mask is the height. It increase by 1 cm per size.
The machine setting relates more to the machine knowing the mask vent rate for leakage calculations.

Thank you.

One positive side of a lousy night is it reminded me of what I felt like everyday only a few days ago. I felt better upon waking my first morning and thought it was only my imagination, they way I feel today reminds me of how much better I feel after using the CPAP all night.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi flightco,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might set your machine to the full-face-mask setting and see if that will help.
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Tell the provider you want a larger mask now, as originally requested. They don't need to be stupid about meeting your needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the larger mask and it helps with the leakage. I think I am better off with the Wisp and a chin guard though. With the smaller mask, I was at 9+ events per hour, with the new larger mask I am at 4.4 but with the Wisp nasal mask and a chin strap I have been below 2 every time I used it.

I like the full face mask, I am able to sleep on my side better with it and I like not having a chin strap. In others experience, any idea why the events are greater with the FF?
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine started out higher also and continued to drop the more I used it. Now consistently below 1.5!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2015, 08:29 PM)OB-Left Wrote: Mine started out higher also and continued to drop the more I used it. Now consistently below 1.5!

Sounds like I need to hang in there
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2015, 11:20 AM)flightco Wrote: I got the larger mask and it helps with the leakage. I think I am better off with the Wisp and a chin guard though. With the smaller mask, I was at 9+ events per hour, with the new larger mask I am at 4.4 but with the Wisp nasal mask and a chin strap I have been below 2 every time I used it.

I like the full face mask, I am able to sleep on my side better with it and I like not having a chin strap. In others experience, any idea why the events are greater with the FF?

Welcome aboard I am also a mouth breather and don't like the feel of the strap either so my RT suggested try using a tensor bandage as a strap and see if it feels less intrusive. Sleep-well She told me with the full mask my events numbers would go up so try and train myself to sleep with my mouth closed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,750 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 416 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,799 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.