Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Blood Pressure Stories
Thanks Mongo and Cands.

The reason I asked is because within months of taking Norvasc (amlodipine besylate,) my first OSA symptoms started (night sweats, racing heart, which I attributed to good old hormones)

At my first sleep study I was still taking Norvasc (10mg) and experiencing the lower edema that is its notorious side effect. That was when I was diagnosed with moderate OSA.

I wasn't taking it anymore at my second sleep study, and my untreated AHI was way, way lower.

I only thought about this in retrospect actually and it might be entirely coincidental.

There is medical evidence that nocturnal rostral fluid shift is implicated in the development of OSA.

I wonder if for some people worsening OSA is a side effect of amlodipine?

Doubtful, but OSA certainly is a complicated disease, and who knows what makes some of us develop it, and others not?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 33 504 Yesterday, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Reznik
  With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po brojohn1611 10 447 11-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: James2017
  Autoset 90 percentile pressure vs. Titration study pressure CDNHoser 12 364 10-19-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pressure at altitude vs. pressure at lower elevations...? S.L. Ping Beauty 19 406 10-17-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Viscious cycle of increased pressure -> more leak -> response of more pressure 3mp0w3r 5 278 09-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] What is the theoritical correct pressure for a fixed pressure CPAP? Rcgop 13 1,013 05-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: ajack
  SPO2 BLOOD OXYGEN LEVELS dizzy1 3 543 05-06-2017, 01:47 AM
Last Post: ajack