Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Blood Pressure Stories
Thanks Mongo and Cands.

The reason I asked is because within months of taking Norvasc (amlodipine besylate,) my first OSA symptoms started (night sweats, racing heart, which I attributed to good old hormones)

At my first sleep study I was still taking Norvasc (10mg) and experiencing the lower edema that is its notorious side effect. That was when I was diagnosed with moderate OSA.

I wasn't taking it anymore at my second sleep study, and my untreated AHI was way, way lower.

I only thought about this in retrospect actually and it might be entirely coincidental.

There is medical evidence that nocturnal rostral fluid shift is implicated in the development of OSA.

I wonder if for some people worsening OSA is a side effect of amlodipine?

Doubtful, but OSA certainly is a complicated disease, and who knows what makes some of us develop it, and others not?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 1,782 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 512 10-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
  How long until changes in blood tests or medications? NorthernGuy 11 914 09-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Mask Leaks success Stories kwhenrykerr 11 897 08-17-2016, 09:59 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  Daytime fatigue stories! jessamnda 10 856 07-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Last Post: ger365
Question Low Oxygen, Low Red Blood cell count and Low T kwhenrykerr 0 326 07-21-2016, 04:11 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Lower max pressure affecting pressure increases Rcgop 9 856 07-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Last Post: green wings