Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Blue cover for tubing for winter use
Blue cover for tubing for winter use
If anyone has any influence with the people who make the blue zip-on cover for the long tube which is meant to warm the water from the CPAP machine as it travels to the user, you might mention that at least one user has given up using hers because it is so slippery, it slides about the bed and exerts pressure on the nose buds which causes considerable discomfort.  Not all of us sleep in half acre beds where everything remains stable.  I use a day bed with side rails which are useful for hauling my aged body upright in the morning and I have found half of my duvet on the floor a couple of times recently which rather defeats the purpose of warm water from the machine if it means that most of me is uncovered and very chilly.  I intend to see if I can add some stickier material to the outside of that blue zipped cover to make it stay where I put it.
Possibly I'm the only one experiencing this problem but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Blue cover for tubing for winter use
Maggie, I use the heated tube and a tube cover called the SnuggleHose which is longer than the tube, but gives good coverage. A tube cover makes the plastic tube softer and more comfortable to the touch and helps to prevent condensation. I don't think there is any relationship to keeping the covers on your bed. Something I have found that helps to manage the tube moving around is to simply hang it from the headboard or wall above your bed. I use a lanyard like one that might be used for an employee ID tag or at a conference, and loop that around the tube and hang it on the wall. 3M Command hooks are useful for this, or just a nail or hook. Holding the tube in place above your head lets it move with your, and keep you from rolling onto it or having it slip around in the bed. It also keeps you from pulling the machine off a bedside table and allows any condensation to drain back to the CPAP. Try to find a way to suspend the tube so it does not lay in the bed with your.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2021, 11:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Maggie, I use the heated tube and a tube cover called the SnuggleHose which is longer than the tube, but gives good coverage.  A tube cover makes the plastic tube softer and more comfortable to the touch and helps to prevent condensation.  I don't think there is any relationship to keeping the covers on your bed.  Something I have found that helps to manage the tube moving around is to simply hang it from the headboard or wall above your bed.  I use a lanyard like one that might be used for an employee ID tag or at a conference, and loop that around the tube and hang it on the wall.  3M Command hooks are useful for this, or just a nail or hook. Holding the tube in place above your head lets it move with your, and keep you from rolling onto it or having it slip around in the bed. It also keeps you from pulling the machine off a bedside table and allows any condensation to drain back to the CPAP.  Try to find a way to suspend the tube so it does not lay in the bed with your.

I am most grateful, Sleeprider, for your suggestions and tried, last night, adapting them to my own bed arrangements by feeding the tube, sans cover, through one space in the rails alongside my daybed and then feeding it back through the next space so that the headgear was perfectly positioned to my head.  It worked a treat so tonight I'll try hanging it from the rails - as per your suggestions - and I'll put the cover (ResMed's own which came with a suggestion that it would keep the water warm as it travelled from the machine to my nose in my preferred cool bedroom) on tonight and hope for the same result.  Fortunately arthritis keeps me pretty much in the same position in which I fall asleep so perhaps my duvet will not go AWOL ever again - it didn't last night! - and I have barricaded my machine onto the night table in a way that makes its escape impossible!
Thanks so much - Meg
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a glimpse at my own arrangement. I keep my PAP unit in a nightstand drawer with the tube and power exiting from the back through a 2-inch hole. You can see part of the lanyard I use to hang the tube so the mask falls back to where I sleep rather than running on or in the bed.  The drawer is usually closed, this view is just to show the setup.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a great flannel hose cover off Etsy that buttons on and doesn’t slide around at all. Has been great for keeping my cats from nibbling and the plastic rubbing on my headboard.

Kathleen
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2021, 11:25 PM)Kmar13 Wrote: I bought a great flannel hose cover off Etsy that buttons on and doesn’t slide around at all. Has been great for keeping my cats from nibbling and the plastic rubbing on my headboard.

Kathleen

Thankyou, Kathleen.  Some kind of flannel material was probably what I was looking for but, unfortunately, my ancient fingers simply don't 'do' buttons any more.  I do own an old-fashioned button nook but I'd probably do serious damage to the tubing if I tried to use it on the cover.
Maggie
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Sleeprider!  You've given me more useful tips which I've put into practice with some variations of my own.  
As I already have, as I said, plenty of railings but no actual headboard, I've taken the tube around the back of the railings at the head of the bed (plenty of room there because of the baseboard) brought it round to the side on which I sleep and, rather than a lanyard, made a loop of soft, Velcro-secured material around the railing through which I poked the end of the tube last night before I attached the headgear.  It works a treat!  
I think all of my little problems are now fixed and I thank you very much indeed for making such a splendid effort to help a 'little old lady' overcome her sleep difficulties.
The AWOL duvet was, I think, simply a matter of its own old age and I've retired and replaced it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear you're more comfortable and my experience was helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a cover like this and while it slips, it's not annoying enough I've done anything about it. But have you tried tying it in place? I'd tie a string or zip-tie tightly around the end of the cover near the mask, nestle it between two ridges in the hose to hold it in place.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,861 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 545 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.