Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bluesv6 - Therapy Thread
RE: Clear airway
Sorry Opal Rose  about the screenshots . So I messed up the one screenshot and my computer was being painful in deleting it .

I posted and realized one screen shot did not have the flow.  I reinstalled a screenshot with flow but attached as a thumbnail . Are you able to see 3 graphs ? 

I can gladly repost some better screen shots or simply repost what I have .

Sorry for not providing proper information and appreciate your responses
Post Reply Post Reply

I took some new screenshots , hoping these are better . Please let me know if i need to zoom in or what else is needed appreciate it
Post Reply Post Reply
So I've settled on epr of 2 and changed my response to standard . The epr 2 seems to be the balance. I set to standard woke up at 230 last night got up for an hour as wide awake. Back to sleep and woke up refreshed. This is the best I've felt. So thanks for your help.

I wanted to keep this thread going, instead of starting new thread.

My concern is I wake up with dry mouth and have no leaks other than a coupe of straight spikes
Wondering if you can advise on humidity and climate line settings ?

It's set to auto and auto , the house is kept cool 65 degrees F. I know I will have to adjust but wondering if you can suggest a starting point .

One last thing can you change my thrsf to bluesv6 therapy thread or something like that ? As I see some start multiple threads about adjusting and gets muddled.

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bluesv6 - Therapy Thread
Glad you got a better nights sleep, and woke up refreshed.  That seems to be one of the biggest complaints from folk.  Each night can be different and there are so many variables between a good night or not so good night sleep.

Try the EPR 2, just watch for increased FL and/or CA's.

As for humidity, with your house kept at 65 degree, you'll have to experiment with humidity and tube settings.

From the Provider Manual:

Climate Control - Auto setting
Auto is the recommended and default setting. It is designed to make therapy as easy as possible so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity settings.
• Sets the tube temperature to Auto (80oF/27oC). If the air in the mask is too warm or too cold, you can adjust the tube temperature to anywhere from 60 to 86oF (16 to 30oC) or turn it off completely
• Adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity
• Protects against rainout (water droplets in the heated air tubing and mask).

Climate Control - Manual setting
Manual is designed to offer more flexibility and control over settings and offers the following:
• Temperature and humidity can be adjusted to find the most comfortable setting
• Temperature and humidity level can be set independently
• Rainout protection is not guaranteed. If rainout does occur, first try increasing the tube temperature
• If the air temperature becomes too warm and rainout continues, try decreasing the humidity.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response and all the suggestions !  I will agree varies day by day ! Last night I was up for a little over a hour . Auctually got less sleep than the day before ! But woke up feeling better !
Post Reply Post Reply

So last night I was really tired , the wife worked night shift and came home and into bed at 1 am . I had gotten 3 hours and woke up and could not go back to sleep . Felt like I powered nap , got up till 345 and slept till 7 am . 

I used to sleep with double pillows , during my sleep trial I noticed my pressures would spike high before had my own machine and oscar . So I researched and realized keeping my head up to high . Ive since ordered a single buckwheat pillow and use that . 

Last night i dropped EPR to one and was so tired i ended up doubling pillows up as a side sleeper and use the second pillow at my side .  My AHI was alot higher . Increased clear airways and clusters .  What Ive seen on this forum the cluster  spikes are positional ? from keeping my head higher up ? suspect doubling up on the pillows is the main cause of the higher ahi and not lowering epr by one ?

Other than the higher ahi and sore neck :0   feel not too bad  but not great today
Post Reply Post Reply
Lowering the EPR would not raise CA's, but should lower them. I believe that doubling up on pillows may have caused some chin tucking.

You did have some flow limitation early in the night which shot your pressure up for no other reason.

Try another night or two with current settings, and see if things stabilize.

I'd like to see the CA's drop a bit. You may want to try Cpap mode at around 9 or 10cm and still keep EPR 1.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal Rose 

I have been wondering about fixed pressure as well .  If I change to fixed pressure in clinician mode will it still have epr function ? 

Or keep auto set and set pressures the same ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2023, 07:11 PM)Bluesv6 Wrote: .  If I change to fixed pressure in clinician mode will it still have epr function ? 

Or keep auto set and set pressures the same ?

I answered this myself by reading the clinician manual that I got here .  Fixed mode will allow option of epr .

Thanks sorry for not using my resources
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep the current pressures for a day or two, then repost charts.

If you change to Cpap mode, you still have the option to use EPR. You can also use Auto mode and set the Min - Max the same, which is the same as using Cpap mode.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 87 3 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,096 10 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 234 Today, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 384 Today, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,370 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,791 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,078 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.