Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bluesv6 - Therapy Thread
Bluesv6 - Therapy Thread
Hello new hear and first post , wish me luck Smile

So I have some clear airway events , with the information from this forum and you tube . Trying to adjust pressures on my airsense 11 and p10 mask .Epr set to 3

Last night I had 9.6 and max pressure of 13.2 . Had a decent sleep woke up to go pee . The machine read 2.4 ahi at 3 am . Went back to sleep and woke up at 7 with ahi of 4.8.

I went to load Oscar and the card didn't load properly in the airsense ...grrrr 

I understand Oscar and graphs would be extremely helpful and will post some screenshots later this week . Out of 4.8 ahi 3.3 was clear airways.

This is a general question as I don't have data to back it up and help diagnose. Understand clear air ways result of not breathing .  I there any pressure settings with cpap one can change for clear air ways  or is it you simply suck at breathing ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Clear airway
Lower the EPR to 2 and see if that helps.
Let's see a chart before changing anything else.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for responding ! I will do that and get some data and post later this week
Post Reply Post Reply
so last night i changed EPR to 2 , i max pressure changed  to 14 as the clinic did compliance report and noticed my ahi was higher . I did find alot easier to breathe on epr of two to my surprise . I am using a p10 mask and chin strap , with leaks tonight . Ordered a knightsbridge chin strap and will be here later this week and hope to have more success with leak rate. I had a mask off to go pee least night then the dog had to at 5  Rolleyes 

I am attaching some screenshots , hoping some insight into pressure settings and what not . If any further screenshots needed , resized , differnt graphs or more information please let me know . Thank you to any input provided 

Post Reply Post Reply
I also got ahold of the clinic today  and  they are fine with me changing settings they said they had to send in compliance report for insurance.  Be glad to be off the insurance thing and not worry about someone tweaking things will be nice once pressures figured  out.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CA's dropped a bit.  We could probably see a further drop by lowering the EPR further, but one catch to that is that the Flow Limitation and Hypopnea may increase, which can cause sleep disruptions.  

If you're susceptible to CA's, lower EPR is the key, but EPR is needed to keep the FL and Hypopnea at bay.  Sometimes, it's a balancing act between CA's and FL/Hypopnea.  

One question.... Did your sleep study show Clear Airway events?  If not, then the few that's showing up on your graphs are nothing to worry over and will more than likely diminish as your adjust to therapy.

CA's sometimes occur just from movement or rolling over.  I'm quite capable of holding my breath while rolling over or adjusting covers and causing the machine to flag a CA.

For an experiment, you can try EPR 1 without changing anything else, then repost a chart.  If it didn't lower the CA's, go back to EPR 2.  Also note, that higher pressures sometimes triggers more CA's.

And don't worry about your DME checking compliance.  Regardless of what they tell you, insurance is only interested in hours of use, not your settings.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response explanation and everything ! It is appreciated 

My sleep study did not show any clear airway events . However my events did go up as I'm adjusting. My ahi was under one quite often, then as I got more adjusted and I started falling into deeper sleeps my ahi would go above one.  Still under 5. 

I will try a couple nights with epr at one and post some screenshots. 

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply

So I adjusted EPR to 1 as previous suggestion , I had the best sleep in a long time ! I closed my eyes at 10 and slept till 4:15   . Which is the longest sleep stretch since starting cpap . After that i sort of had a restless sleep and proably could have gotten up at that time .  After that time you can see my CA events go up  .  My sleep was restless , So thinking that might be ,my issue with CA . As mentioned above . Holding breathe and what not 

The other thing is my shot up to the max I have set at 14 for some reason ? should i raise that ? Should I change response from soft to regular ? I do need to get my mouth leak fixed to resolve the leak hopefully . My new pillow mask and chin strap should arrive today .  This is the best ive felt in  a long time
Post Reply Post Reply
Inspiring to see your progress. I'm interested in how you find the Knightsbridge chin strap. I've got one on order as I suspect I sometimes open my mouth in the night causing leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's good that you were able to get a good nights sleep. I'm not worried about the CA's right now.

You can hold with EPR 1 for another day or two, but I think you need the EPR 2 to help with FL, Hypopnea and reras. The FL is what pushes your pressure up near the max.

One thing, if you're going to use ramp, change the ramp start pressure to 7. I think you have it set at 5. Eventually, you'll adapt to starting at your therapy pressure and eliminate ramp.

Hopefully, you'll sleep well tonight too.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,212 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.