Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Body movements every 40 seconds during CPAP use.
Body movements every 40 seconds during CPAP use.
As I could see my mom makes a full contraction body movement every 40' proximately, although using CPAP.
Resmed S8 Elite II
Press 9 EPR 2 MED.
IA=0
IH=0,8
Is there a friend in the same case or a solution? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Body movements every 40 seconds during CPAP use.
Were the movements there before CPAP use?

There's a condition called Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. It is, basically, the night time version of Restless Leg Syndrome. She could see a doctor who may be able to help.

If her AHI is .8, then the twitches are not from apnea events.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
That is completely unrelated. The only thing I can think of to explain it is possibly that as you fall asleep, you will usually twitch, sometimes rather violently. I have had it actually wake me up sometimes. It's like having a sudden surge of electricity dumped in you if you're not asleep enough when it happens. But there's no reason the sub would have that effect.

Private Dance Lessons
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2012, 12:52 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Were the movements there before CPAP use?

Yes there were the same movements before CPAP use, but 23' frequent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 04:11 AM)addy.watson Wrote: That is completely unrelated. The only thing I can think of to explain it is possibly that as you fall asleep, you will usually twitch, sometimes rather violently. I have had it actually wake me up sometimes. It's like having a sudden surge of electricity dumped in you if you're not asleep enough when it happens. But there's no reason the sub would have that effect.

Private Dance Lessons

Exactly that, It is like a surge of electricity during the first hour of sleep in a 40' seconds periods and It can wake up her sometimes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird neck/throat movements. Is there a term for this? Rebdr 1 306 10-19-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
Surprised [CPAP] Drinking & CPAP & Stopped breathing 120 Seconds? (Missing Data) SleepyRob 3 743 06-16-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  ResMed S9 air turns off after seconds jfk19562003 3 608 05-28-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  less than 10 seconds events cberistain 4 692 01-27-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: cberistain
  Any products out there to track body positions? CorruptAlligator 12 1,506 10-26-2021, 12:01 AM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Theoretically, could there be PAP-pods ? (whole body pressurized sleep) DaveCar 10 1,149 10-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: archangle
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 2 758 01-10-2021, 12:13 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.