Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bogus HI?
Bogus HI?
How does Dreamstation ASV determine HI? I have an AHI of 4.1 with OA of 1.1, CA of 0.8 and HI of 2.7.  I wear an Oximeter also and it shows no O2 sat. below 90%. My HI should be 0?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bogus HI?
Your AHI should be OA + H + CA. Your numbers don't add up right. HI stands for Hypopnea index.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
if your OA is 1.1, CA .8, then that leaves a Hypopnea of 2.2 to equal an AHI of 4.1.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry my memory is a little fuzzy but i can always count on you to spot an error and miss the objective of the question. See attachment. I hope you will trust me to read Oximetry report correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
See my reply to Walla Walla
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I thought I was answering your question. I guess I don't know what the question is ???

If your asking what your machine records as a hypopnea it's any reduction in flow of 40% or more for at least 10 seconds.

If that's not your question I don't have an answer.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I was asking. So the reduction in flow is not causing a reduction of O2 sat. or my Oximitry report would show O2 sat below 90%?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, in defense of Walla Walls, please clarify your question!

We can only go by what you give us. Thread Title? Question in post?

If your referring to oxygen levels not showing a drop and thinking your Hypopnea Index should be 0......
Dont-know

Your numbers still don’t add up, but looking at your event graph, the two sessions are several hours apart. Possibly the program is only reading one session.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile may not contain current settings. Can you please update? I do recall working on some new settings, and removing that Pmax of 14 and using a PSmin of 3.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
,14,11,9,4,0 auto, Flex  2. AHI with these settings 4.1
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  issue with airsense 10 bogus usage time mrwhitee 4 4,781 02-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: mrwhitee
  Bogus data for first hour JJJ 6 2,541 06-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JJJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.