Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bonehead SD Card Move
RE: Bonehead SD Card Move
(04-22-2014, 11:27 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I got diagnosed with sleep apnea back in 2004. The sleep doctor spent 3 minutes with me going over my sleep study results and ordered a CPAP for me at that time. I haven't heard back from the doctor since then.

That's just unreal! No follow-up? Hopefully, you are doing quite well with your therapy in spite of the lack of participation and feedback from your Dr.

(04-22-2014, 12:27 PM)PaytonA Wrote: since I finally got a sleep doc after over two years of PAPing, He actually does print out a report from my CPAP every time that I see him in addition to asking me how I feel. I must have gotten one of the better ones.

Payton, you did indeed, thankfully. Honestly though, your experience should be the norm and standard procedure!

I see my Neuro (sleep doc) in June after just starting therapy less than two weeks ago. No one mentioned anything about bringing the reports....yet. I'm going to give their office a call this week and ask them but, not holding my breath!
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2014, 10:46 AM)Stargazer Wrote: I'd be real interested to know if anyone on here, or may know of anyone, who's doc actually asked for specific data from their machines.
Not mine...as a matter of fact, I've never even met my sleep doc. His PA checks for compliance and I'm out the door...ka-ching, ka-ching.

Post Reply Post Reply
Normally we see the doctor when something goes wrong, You don,t call on the doctor for chit chat. For chit chat, you meet with a friend at your local pub for beer and chit chat, much cheaper than doctor visit and more productive

What I,m trying to say, I don,t need someone with medical degree stuck on the wall to tell me, my numbers are okay. I,m not that dumb Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2014, 03:26 PM)JimZZZ Wrote: Not mine...as a matter of fact, I've never even met my sleep doc. His PA checks for compliance and I'm out the door...ka-ching, ka-ching.

JimZZZ, you may have said it best with the quote about the BP med analogy. At least I think it was you..."how can you prescribe BP meds and then not monitor them?!" ...or something to that effect!

At least once, especially in the early stages of apnea therapy, the doc should KNOW what the numbers are from the data! It is my experience that MOST ppl are not familiar with medical "stuff" and something very common and familiar to many of us is completely foreign to most other ppl.

Sleeping in a sleep lab is nothing at all like sleeping at home so what if there are circumstances where the prescribed titration may be off some? IDK but in my opinion, only checking for compliance is irresponsible!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2014, 09:10 AM)Stargazer Wrote: JimZZZ, you may have said it best with the quote about the BP med analogy. At least I think it was you..."how can you prescribe BP meds and then not monitor them?!" ...or something to that effect!
Stargazer, That was me (thanks for noticing) and I just thought of another analogy. For several years I was a flight engineer for a major airline. As you can imagine, the cockpit was equipped with an abundance of switches, buttons, lights and dials. The first thing my trainer taught me was to NEVER flip a switch or push a button and then assume the result I intended actually occurred. An action was not complete until the desired result was observed. He made sure I understood that failure to complete that feedback loop could be deadly. Simple really, huh?

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2014, 08:09 PM)JimZZZ Wrote: Stargazer, That was me (thanks for noticing) and I just thought of another analogy. For several years I was a flight engineer for a major airline. As you can imagine, the cockpit was equipped with an abundance of switches, buttons, lights and dials. The first thing my trainer taught me was to NEVER flip a switch or push a button and then assume the result I intended actually occurred. An action was not complete until the desired result was observed. He made sure I understood that failure to complete that feedback loop could be deadly. Simple really, huh?

Yes sir, another excellent analogy!

Well, I see my Doc in June so I am very curious at what that visit will entail. So far, I am happy with him as he had no issue whatsoever in doing a change order for the AutoSet. I hope I am still impressed with him after my first official appt regarding my apnea therapy...stay tuned!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been worried about doing that. I carry my laptop with me to the CPAP, remove the card and put it in my computer, import data and then put the card back in my CPAP right then. But now that I am sitting here, I am wondering if I forgot to unlock the sd card before putting it back in my CPAP last night. Now I have to go look or it will bug me the rest of the evening.

When I went in for my 3 mos. followup, the PA took the card out of my machine and looked at it on her computer but it was so brief, I am not sure how much she could have seen except a quick glance at the summary. Now that I have been looking at SleepyHead, there is a ton there to look at. Not supposed to go back for a year.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only time I had a sleep doctor was after the sleep study he read the charts and sent his opinion to my regular doctor. Then he called me and sent the prescription out to DME. I had not been back to the doctor till I got a cold which plugged an ear that felt weird so I went in (9 months after starting Pap). He did ask if I was still using the Pap and I told him every night all night and he just said good. I am glad I could learn what I did to know it is going good. If there was a big issue I would have got ahold of him but I could see if someone was just blindly using it they may need some follow up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move OSCAR data to another computer Alun 2 974 07-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Alun
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Advice on move to Full Face Mask Alan Speed 13 1,810 09-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,871 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
Information SERVER MOVE - [note: COMPLETED NOW] SuperSleeper 1 896 01-28-2020, 02:52 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  What (quieter) mask can I move to from a Dreamwear ? BHappy 13 3,025 10-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: SnoreFreeIWish
  Anyone ever move to a lower elevation for sleep apnea? camrewop 5 1,490 08-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Last Post: camrewop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.