Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bonehead SD Card Move
Bonehead SD Card Move
Somehow, I forget to put the SD card back in my cpap machine from the computer last night. The machine did, however, register usage and AHI.

Does anyone know if the SD card will at the very least, update with usage and AHI after being re-inserted back into the machine?

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bonehead SD Card Move
Yes, you'll get compliance data and some other data but that's it. ResScan will see this but SleepyHead won't. Even then, ResScan will only see it in the summary data, not the detailed screen.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The high sample rate data is recorded only on the SD card.
As I've gotten to be an old "Geezer" I find it helpful to use my label maker to put little "checklists" on equipment -- like:
"SD Card Inserted?"
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2014, 09:34 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Somehow, I forget to put the SD card back in my cpap machine from the computer last night. The machine did, however, register usage and AHI.

Does anyone know if the SD card will at the very least, update with usage and AHI after being re-inserted back into the machine?
Yes, the S9 store therapy and compliance data up to 365 days and write this data on the card whenever you stick the card in the card slot
Detailed data and flow data written directly on the card, not stored in the S9 internal memory bank and not retrievable if the card was not in the card slot during the night
Its a backward step from the S8, where all data including detailed data stored in the S8 internal memory bank and you only stick-in the data card when want you copy the data from the S8 to the data card

Read more about the S9 and S9 SD card data storage
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2014, 09:34 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Somehow, I forget to put the SD card back in my cpap machine from the computer last night. The machine did, however, register usage and AHI.

I can't tell you how many times I have done that! No worries. You lose a little bit of data for a short period, but you still have your AHI and stuff so it's not a total loss. Still better than a brick that just tells you compliance! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't think the high res data would be saved but good to know at least the compliance data transferred to the card.

Well, I guess I don't feel so bad knowing I'm not alone! Not sure I'm at the label-maker point in "geezerdom" yet but I DO like the idea.

Not sure why the S8 stored info directly on the machine as opposed to the complete opposite of the S9. Probably a $$ thing? Who knows!

As always, thanks for the help everyone and Zonk, thanks for the link!

Post Reply Post Reply
Heh yeah this happens to me at least once a month, sometimes more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2014, 07:12 PM)eviltim Wrote: Heh yeah this happens to me at least once a month, sometimes more.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'll do it again. But good to know at least the basics get saved.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's one of the reasons for running BOTH Rescan and SleepyHead. SleepyHead fails when the detail data isn't recorded on the card, while Rescan can pick up the summary data after the card is re-inserted.

I have never missed a day with my CPAN, but I have 3-4 holes where SleepyHead doesn't count my time.

Rescan knows about it all.

It's much easier to look at the EVENT detail with SleepyHead; Rescan has MUCH better reports (SleepyHead doesn't really have reports.)

There are other differences so that I run BOTH, every day.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2014, 08:15 PM)herbm Wrote: It's one of the reasons for running BOTH Rescan and SleepyHead. SleepyHead fails when the detail data isn't recorded on the card, while Rescan can pick up the summary data after the card is re-inserted.

I don't have SleepyHead. I originally did have it but deleted it because no data showed up. Turned out that the problem was my S9 Escape which I came to understand was a Brick; didn't realize that. Thankfully, I was able to upgrade to the Elite. Now, I pour over data everyday. Don't need to but I guess I'm a "stathead!"

I'm going to try SleepyHead again now that I have a data-capable machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to move OSCAR data to another computer Alun 2 1,012 07-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Alun
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Advice on move to Full Face Mask Alan Speed 13 1,860 09-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,015 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
Information SERVER MOVE - [note: COMPLETED NOW] SuperSleeper 1 924 01-28-2020, 02:52 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  What (quieter) mask can I move to from a Dreamwear ? BHappy 13 3,076 10-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: SnoreFreeIWish
  Anyone ever move to a lower elevation for sleep apnea? camrewop 5 1,514 08-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Last Post: camrewop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.