Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BongoRx Alternative EPAP Treatment [recall thread split]
BongoRx Alternative EPAP Treatment [recall thread split]
CISION

PR Newswire

AirAvant Medical Introduces Game-changing Device To Treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea

FDA-Cleared Bongo® Rx Is Cheaper, Easier to Use and an Effective Alternative to Traditional CPAP Equipment Recently Recalled for Health Risks

Relief is in sight for sufferers of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), a chronic condition that threatens the health and personal relationships of an estimated 22 million people struggling with the condition. And just in time, coming soon after a massive safety recall of millions of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machines.

Note: This could be an alternative for all the members who can not afford to pay cash for a new machine while waiting for their replacement. Only your doctor can advise you on this matter.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases...98000.html
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS
(10-12-2021, 09:00 AM)btreger Wrote: FDA-Cleared Bongo® Rx Is Cheaper, Easier to Use and an Effective Alternative to Traditional CPAP Equipment Recently Recalled for Health Risks

Breathe right strips on steroids?
Like straws up your nose. 
Goofy name.

I'd want to see the study results ROM that w/r/t OSA

Is there a thread here about the product?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] RECALL THREAD-- BongoRx Alternative EPAP Treatment
This thread has been split from the Philips Recall Thread as off-topic to the intended discussion of recalling the Philips PAP products from the market. Bongo RX provides expiratory resistance which increases expiratory effort and is claimed to improve mild and moderate obstructive sleep apnea.

My search for a clinical study verifying efficacy of this therapy only showed a study plan for 23 individuals and did not indicate the efficacy of the therapy. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02878590 If this crap worked so well, you would think they would be showing their results. It is not a solution for me, and I can't imagine relying on expiratory resistance as a solution to my sleep disordered breathing. Plug your nose at your own risk. I can assure you that this is opposite to the therapy needed by anyone with UARS that is having trouble getting air into an obstructed or restricted airway, but it is based on obstructive apnea by increasing expiratory positive pressure. I guess you get what you pay for.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] RECALL THREAD-- BongoRx Alternative EPAP Treatment
(10-12-2021, 05:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Plug your nose at your own risk.  I can assure you that this is opposite to the therapy needed by anyone with UARS that is having trouble getting air into an obstructed or restricted airway, but it is based on obstructive apnea by increasing expiratory positive pressure.  I guess you get what you pay for.

Remember I never recommended this product. I assumed anybody with half a brain would first do some form of due diligence especially after living with the recall. The only reason I posted this was because of the number of our members who have posted that they were unable to afford to go out and purchase a new device. These were my words, "This could be an alternative for all the members who can not afford to pay cash for a new machine while waiting for their replacement. Only your doctor can advise you on this matter".
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BongoRx Alternative EPAP Treatment [recall thread split]
I was merely editorializing, and didn't say you had endorsed it. Mostly making it clear I don't.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 60 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,256 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 970 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.