Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bored, with old CPAP
After trying unsuccessfully to find some organization to take my circa 1997 ResMed Sullivan Elite V, I decided to dismantle it and recycle the component parts. It turned out that the majority of the machine was plastic; the picture shows the non-plastic components:

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=d9111b6b5c&view=att&th=1378b36d...isp=thd&zw]

I'll probably do the same thing to my circa 2006 F&P machine later.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2012, 05:20 PM)bobg1946 Wrote: I'll probably do the same thing to my circa 2006 F&P machine later.
secondwindcpap (Supplier #2) might take it from you and donated to ASAA or give it to someone in need.

Post Reply Post Reply
Picture linkie no workie Bob...

Sad
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(05-26-2012, 09:52 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Picture linkie no workie Bob...

Sad

Funny, it was there when I created the thread.

[Image: 2012-05-26]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, was there a battery for the clock???
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Clock??!! Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-27-2012, 12:46 PM)bobg1946 Wrote: Clock??!! Huhsign

In a lot of devises there is a small battery that enables things to be stored on a board. On a computer theres one on the motherboard and if you lock up your computer and forget the password you can remove the battery which will wipe the passwords and enable you to access the computer. Shhhh dont tell anyone its a secret Too-funny

On some other kinds of devises there is an internal clock which is run by a battery.

[Image: lithium_bios_battery.jpg]

[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=4869106222367120&id=e62...28b7cac673]

Post Reply Post Reply
I guess if your machine did not keep track of time, it wouldn't have had a battery. But wouldn't it need one for the usage data at least?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2012, 02:12 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: But wouldn't it need one for the usage data at least?

There is volatile and non-volatile memory. Volatile memory requires continual power to maintain the information. Non-volatile memory does not. An example might be the memory stick or thumbdrive. Neither of those items require power to retain the data.
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Ahh, this machine did not show usage data as far as I know. I never remember the sleep doc checking for that; they just made sure that the pressure was correct. I still have the boards and will check to see if I can id a battery.

When I took it apart, I realized it was the machine that I drowned many years ago. Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation Bored k_ogre 5 1,183 03-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose