Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moving from full fask to nasal only mask?
RE: Moving from full fask to nasal only mask?
(04-07-2016, 06:50 AM)dawoodsman Wrote: Any experience with this? From my experience it appears that most are directed to start with a full face mask. I know several long time users that swear by their nasal only masks and continually tell me that's the solution to my problems with not sleeping more than a few hours with a full face before waking up.

I understand there is some thought that mouth breathers need a full face, but two of the guys insist they are and that the nasal mask fixed their issues as well.

I liked the amara view but can't live with the air flow issue it has. The mask I have now seems to be one of the better full face designs. To my knowledge there is nothing else even close to as small inobtrusive as the amara view--thus I'm wondering about trying a nasal only. Doc says it's worth a try.

Hi Dawoodsman! Coffee Go with your Doc's suggestions, you won't know until you try, everyone has their own likes/dislikes. My personal choice ended up as a
nasal mask, you'll know when you find what works 4 you, because you'll have a GOOD nights sleep! That's the goal right? Hope you find what you like, & sweet dreams to you! Sleep-well
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving from full fask to nasal only mask?
I don't normally breathe through my mouth during the day, but I know at times I do at night. Plus I have a history of allergies and some asthma which I am thinking has some bearing on the conscious and unconscious problems I seem to be having adapting to masks. Having something that restricts or alters my breathing clamped onto my face is bound to create a reaction given my history. Thinking the least obtrusive mask possible is the likely path to getting used to it the fastest. Several weeks in now and I've just had 3 days with 5 hours or so of sleep with the thing--none with 6 or more, and many with just 2-3 before waking. I'm not worried about it in the long run, just looking to get there with whatever works best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,226 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,602 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.